Chapter 3- Ryuugaime Clan

It was another sunny and beautiful day in Konoha when team Tanaka arrived. It was a successful mission, everyone came back alive with only a few scratches. There were 8 of them who were deployed to annihilate the Ryuugaime clan.

It was a suicide mission, none of them were expected to come back alive, but they manage to with the help of Kyuuji and a certain someone. When they arrive at the gates, the guards together with the other shinobis passively waiting for them can't help but choke on their own saliva.

The Hokage was standing under the shade of the tall gate. He was shocked as well but did not take any actions to show it. He was right about choosing and trusting Kyuuji to be a part of their mission. After all, he was on par with Uchiha Itachi. He smiled, everyone smiled and rejoiced with tears brimming in their happy eyes.

A man wearing green spandex was jumping in joy together with a man who has a bandana covering his top head with a senbon sticking out on his teeth. It was actually 2 months after the Uchiha clan was massacred, their faces today contorted what they felt when they received the news about the great clan back then.

They were actually happy some people died. Well, they were not just some people, they were lunatics and psychos who kills others for their own benefit, moreover, they initiated numerous wars before, but that's what these people only know about them.

"Kakashi!", Guy can't help but jump to his tired friend for a hug.

"Oi, Guy!"

Kakashi responded with an unamused face. Guy shook him everywhere his body.

"Is your body alright? What about your ankles? Your shoulders? Your arms? Do you need anything? Help? Medications? Wha--"

Before Guy even continued his rambling, Kakashi stopped him and averted his eyes to the youngest one on the team.

"I believe he needs more help than I do."

Guy followed Kakashi's darted eyes to see Kyuuji with a solemn face. Although, most of the shinobis were smiling and praising him Kyuuji can't help the fact that he is sad and Guy was able to observe that.

Kurenai together with Asuma went to where Kakashi and Guy are standing to join in the conversation.

"Even now, I still can't believe that kid would be able to land that last blow."

Kakashi and Kurenai looked at Asuma with a knowing look. That last blow was towards the youngest of the clan.

"That child was innocent.", Kurenai whispered as she clutch her injured arm bandaged by the same girl they were talking about. "She was so pure and kind. She did not deserve any of this."

Asuma gently placed his hand on top of the Chunin's shoulder. "It's not your fault, don't blame yourself Kurenai." Kurenai was only able to nod her head with a small smile.

Kakashi, however, was remembering the face of the small face of the child when he killed her mother. He already saw many faces like that before but, he doesn't understand why that face filled with agony remained fresh in his mind. Maybe it was because that girl reminded him of Rin.

Guy was only able to express a series of idiotic faces as he stare at them. This was when Tanaka appeared in front of them.

"Get your wounds treated and meet me at the Hokage's office, we still have a lot of things to finish and talk about."

"Yes sir", the three of them simultaneously answered.

"Looks like I won't be able to challenge you today, Kakashi", Guy exclaimed as he slump on the ground. Kakashi only showed his closed-eyed smile. His eyes then narrowed towards the ANBU talking to Tenzou. He is sure Danzo have other motives when he assigned his best elites to the mission.