Chapter 55

"Really, either from the past or future, Konoha keeps interfering with my plans.", the mad Otsutsuki stated eyeing the kunoichi who possesses an aura he has encountered before.

"Where's Naruto?", Lhexi asks as soon as she arrives.

"Who knows?", the white-haired man replies as he shrugs his shoulders, his pale eyes seething with interest. "You. Are you a descendant of King Ryuujin perhaps?"

The girl takes out her sword and advances toward him. "I don't know any man with such a name."

"Is that so?", Urashiki's eyelids droop down, disappointed. "Well, in that case, I don't have any more reason to let you live."

He swings his rod, his hook flying toward Lhexi and she dodges in time by jumping into the air, swinging her sword as she did so. She counterattacks by slicing through the thin red thread.

"Your reaction time is quite fast.", he smiles before he twisted the handle of his weapon. "But, you're naive as expected."

Lhexi couldn't cut the angler thread and found it slicing neatly through her sword. She quickly retracts her weapon and jumps back only to feel a cold sensation piercing through her back towards her chest. She looks down, seeing a hook hanging loosely against her bosom.

Urashiki pulls his fish pole toward him and immediately lost his grin as he pulls the thread. He couldn't get her chakra. "How could another pest like you be so troublesome? Oh, it's one after the other."

She senses three chakra signatures and immediately ran forward, amplifying her speed with her lightning affinity. The Otsutsuki swung his rod once again, this time he intends to kill her rather than take her chakra, only to be blocked by the sword of the stranger who claimed to be Chitai.

"Go."

Lhexi didn't look back, knowing she was safe. She dashed inside the dark cave, her supposedly quiet footsteps echoing in the air. She came to a halt, looking around as she realized that something was wrong. She could feel the Kyuubi's chakra leaking.

"Naruto!", she shouts after realizing she couldn't feel Naruto's chakra signature because the immense dark chakra that surrounded the cave has buried his.

She flips her sword back to its sheath and walked as quietly as she could while looking around, trying to find an orange blob.

Hearing a heavy growl beside her, she turned her body to meet Naruto, in the cloaked form of the Nine Tail's chakra. She didn't say anything as she ponders how to deal with the situation. One wrong move and she might accidentally kill the boy who has lost himself.

She approaches him, raises her hand, and attempts to calm him down.

"Naruto, it's me.", she whispers, trying to be as gentle as she could be while she shortens their distance.

The boy, who was on all fours, took a step back, wary of the girl approaching him. "Naruto...it's alright...it's me..."

He hissed, his teeth seething with fume before he jumped up and swung his claws. Lhexi narrows her eyes, forming chakra around her palm.

"Sorry, this will hurt a little. I'll heal you later, don't worry."

As his sharp red claws approached her, she quickly stepped back and leaned backward. She encased her hand with chakra before penetrating through the red cloak of chakra in order to throw a backhand chop on his nape only to feel a stinging pain on her skin instead.

She retracted her hand immediately after and jumped away. She took a glimpse of her front hand and saw steam of vapor surrounding her burned skin. She reverted her attention back at once and saw Naruto gone who have now run to attack her from behind.