Chapter 48

A/N

Alright, folks, I apologize in advance

Pls don't kill me, peeps

Warning! Red Alert! Red Alert!

(///I can't believe I actually posted this///)

A small trembling hand pushed the door open. Slowly, it creaked open as the bottom of the door scraped the wooden floor loudly. His feet entered the room, thudding heavily.

Dread and horror scarred the incredulous face of Sasuke who couldn't think nor act anything in his head at the moment. He felt a painful and heavy pressure in his chest rendering him unable to breathe, unable to speak.

Blood spilled on the floor, his dead parents laying unmoving.

A strong wave of emotions flashed before him as his eyes dilated wide and clear. A dreary feeling filled his heart with disbelief, betrayal, fear, pain, and resentment as he looked up at the crimson spinning wheel of Itachi's eyes.

He shook his head in disbelief as his hands find their way pulling on his hair harshly and painfully. His mouth parting as his mouth shivered uncontrollably. A heartbreaking scream escaped his mouth filled with resentment, hatred, and grief.

"AAAAHHHHHH!"

Tears spilled on his cheeks as he realized the futility of screaming his heart out. They're dead, they're gone, his clan was massacred by his brother, he looked up to the most.

A sense of betrayal clouded his thoughts, his fun of memories that took years disappearing in an instant and was filled with rage.

"...--up..."

"...--suke...wake..."

"Sasuke...wake up..."

His eyes snapped wide open after hearing the familiar voice that woke him up from his nightmare. Purple eyes looked back at him with a compassionate and empathetic understanding.

As if she went through the same horror.

The girl was trapped beneath Sasuke and it was proving very hard for her to move without hurting her teammate. Lhexi gasped as the pressure of Sasuke's hold on her neck tightened. Sasuke hated that look so much that he could die.

No one understands the grief of getting your own family killed and the betrayal by your own loved one apart from him. He wanted people to stop looking sympathetic because they don't understand anything about his sufferings.

Sasuke pressed her down more firmly, his eyes filled with murderous intent. But, she didn't fight back nor stressed free. His thoughts were clouded with nothing but, hatred.

"...sasu...ke--", Lhexi shut her eyelids for a brief moment in pain when Sasuke gripped her wrist that she heard something break.

Reaching for Sasuke, she rested her free palm on his face while cupping his cheek.

"It's okay...", she muttered in between breathless gasps, her eyebrows creased. "...Sasuke...it's okay..."

She knows what he feels more than anyone. After all, they share the same past. She could see his emotions burning in his dark eyes and she couldn't stop her eyes from welling up with tears. Stars twinkling at the edge of her vision.

"Shhh... it's alright..."

Sasuke finally snapped after hearing her hum a sound in an attempt to calm him down. His conscious eyes widened as they landed on the girl whose hair sprawled on the wooden flat-board, her face turning red from the lack of oxygen, and found himself choking her.