Chapter 51

A/N

HELLO FOLKS!!!

I'M SURE YOU MISSED ME (insert apology for updating so late)! Ahem, anyway there you have it. I know you're feeling excited of what's gonna happen in this chapter.

If you're not, that's fine too.

Ayooo, I don't know why but, I'm feeling excited too.

The wind blew whistles in the air, snow sliding off from the leaves. Team 8 dashed from one tree to another as Kiba and his ninken guided the way toward the scent they'd been searching for the whole day.

Kiba's nose perked up at the familiar scent, looking down at Akamaru who barked in return.

"It's close! Lhexi's scent is just around here.", he exclaimed, jumping down from a thick oak branch to the green grass spread out in the open corner of the forest.

"Byakugan!", Hinata exclaimed, veins popping over her skin as her special eyes roam around the area with a 360-degree vision.

Kurenai glanced at her male student who was scouting the forest using his insects. "Shino? Any leads?"

Shino stares at the tiny bug that descended down on his fingertips. He nodded his head in confirmation at the information he received before facing the whole team.

"My insects have spotted several of her belongings scattered almost a kilometer from here.", Shino proclaimed as Akamaru dig through the snow using his paws.

Hinata agreed in return as she deactivates her dojutsu. "Kurenai-sensei, Shino-kun is right. It's 900 meters to the southeast."

"Ooh! We found it! Good job Akamaru!"

Everyone turned their attention to the owner who petted his dog warmly as Akamaru wags his tail in return.

Kurenai approached the two and bent down to see a black hitaite, with the Konoha's symbol on it. Kiba picked it up and sniffed it once again. "Hm. There's no doubt about it. This is clearly Lhexi's scent. But, she seems hurt pretty badly. I can smell her blood."

His ninken wailed in return.

"Is she gonna be alright?", Hinata worriedly asked the Inuzuka heir who looked down in return.

"I don't know...Judging from the scent it has already been 3 days...", he grips the headband on his palm. "I can't tell with this little information..."

Shino blinks his eyes behind his black sunglasses. "Even if she survived the explosion, she lost her arm, technically there would be a higher chance that she's already dead due to blood loss." He stated, remembering the information he got from Kakashi.

Kurenai's red-ringed eyes glanced down at her sullen students before clapping her hands together breaking the tension. "I'm happy that we've made a little progress. Then, let's go, everyone. Let's focus on the mission! You can't make those sad faces!", she cheered.

The three looked up before nodding in return. Kiba grinned showing his toothy fang, Hinata smiled while still trying to calm herself. Shino just nodded. To be frank, this boy wasn't worried about Alexa the tiniest bit. She was just a former classmate that he never got to talk to.

He doesn't give a shit. Period.

"Kiba.", the insect user suddenly called, appearing beside the hooded male and causing him to stagger a bit in his jumps.

"Hey! Don't you come to me like that?! You scared the shit out of me!"

"Is that so? Perhaps it's because you're overthinking that you let your guard down.", he stated trying to point something to him.