Chapter 43

"Eyes that reflect the soul...", his voice was calm as the peaceful stream. "...that phenomenon is what we call the Seiryuugan."

The child in his arms blinked her eyes innocently before stuffing her small head inside his robe.

He gave a gentle smile, his fingers combing through the girl's hair. "Are you listening Asuna?"

The child playfully nodded her head even though she didn't really understood anything he've said. "Yup!"

A long sigh escaped his lips before staring at the brown-haired child's gold eyes. He raised an eyebrow when Asuna tilted her head to the side in confusion.

"Chichiue...when will I awaken the clan's dojutsu?"

His eyes snapped wide open, his grip tightening.

"My dear child, I would cry tears of joy if that day will never come."

"Why?"

The smile on his face disappeared and was replaced with a wretching anxiety.

"Because Seiryuugan can only be awakened...", he started as the pattern in his eyes shapeshifts into three blue circles. Each one slowly vanishing and when the three seals completely faded, his blue pupils began to glow red in the middle of his gold eyes, his sclera that used to be white became black.

"...through vanquished love and severed hope...in other words...betrayal..."

Asuna pursed her lips as she puff her cheeks, not one word entering her innocent mind. She flinched slightly when his glowing red-golden eyes bore through her orbs.

"Listen Asuna...", how he wished his child would stay happy forever. "If they broke your trust first, that is their mistake. But, if they broke it twice, its your mistake for trusting them again."

A silent atnosphere lingered in between them before it was broken.

"I get it! Chichiue!"

He stood up, holding the girl by his right arm. "Shall we go for a walk? It's a good weather today."

"Sure! Hehe!"

He began taking small strides outside the chambers, admiring the green field, filled with velvety flowers together with his daughter.

He pluck a flower along the way, attaching it on the girl's hair, complimenting her small face. His youngest child grinned ear to ear as red tints adorn her cheeks.

By the wrinkles on his face, one would say he had aged a decade from the stress building up inside him. His pale complexion and the dark bags hiding underneath his eyes that he covered with a smile wasn't left unnoticeable by his child.

She outstretched her small hands and place them upon her father's cheeks. "Chichiue, you must rest or you will age faster!"

An amused chuckle escaped his lips. "Hai, hai, hime-sama."

Asuna laughed heartedly at what her father called her. No matter how many years she haven't heard his voice, she could still remember it exactly engraved on her blood.

And yet for some reason, she couldn't recall his face. All she sees were his golden bloody eyes that were hiding something beneath his smile.

Naruto clenched his fists in worry as Tsunade placed her glowing hand on top of the unconcious girl, healing her in the process. She's been out for a whole week and haven't shown any signs of waking up.