Chapter 5- Safe

Alexa's POV

I heard birds chirping when my body finally regained its consciousness. The last thing I remembered was passing out in a forest somewhere.

'Now, where am I?'

I slowly opened my eyes only to immediately shut them due to the blinding light of the sun. I opened them once again as I get used to them. The first thing I clearly saw after squinting my eyes was a window. I blinked and observed my surroundings and found myself on a wooden bed with a soft mattress.

'Turns out, someone found me'

Beside my bed was a tray with a bowl of porridge and some sort of traditional medicine with two spoons neatly arranged between them. I felt the soft breeze of the wind and the warm touch of the sun. I covered my eyes with my right hand to block the sunlight only to see my arm completely unscathed and pale.

'That night, almost my whole body was burned, was it a medical ninja who somehow found me?'

I touched my face to feel the soft texture of my skin, unlike those days when it was black and so rough. I slowly sat with my hands supporting me. I stoop down the bed to realize I was wearing a droop-down white dress. I lingered my eyes around and saw a full-body mirror standing beside the wall. Walking towards it as I held onto the wall because my legs felt like its the first time I could finally walk.

Taking several more steps immediately made me tired to the point my knees were close to losing their strength. As I face the mirror, my eyes immediately went wide. The child looking back at me was beyond mesmerizingly beautiful. I touched my face tracing down to my chin. I look even a lot prettier than Asumi-nee.

This was not the face this body owned before. Back then, Asuna had golden eyes and straight brown hair, her skin tone was peach. She also had a more round face and chubby cheeks. But, instead of a chubby look, I now had sharp features most probably because of starvation. Longer black hair, a cone shape jaw, small pointed nose, dry lips, thick black eyelashes, pearl white skin, and finally a suffocating lovely purple eyes with black pupils.

As I stare at the eyes of the person in front of me, I felt as if I'm being swallowed by a portal where I can forget everything. The more I look at my eyes, the more I fall into a deep slumber. It was taking me to a paradise, to a sea. That was then I realized my mistake that I'm casting myself in a Genjutsu and woke up to see myself standing in front of a mirror.

I heard the door creaked open and turned my head towards it. It revealed an elegant lady wearing a green shirt and brown skirt, her brown-black hair tied in a bun. She also had a gem-like tear necklace decorating her lightly tanned collarbone. She looked at me wide-eyed and mouth agape. She stared at me for seconds before she finally broke in her tracks and immediately talked to me with a genuine smile.

"You're finally awake, sleeping beauty", She tilted her head and gave me her warmest smile. "How's your sleep?"

I opened my mouth to respond.

"...i"

I am once again having a hard time talking, I took a gulp and raise my voice.

"...ah"

She was still smiling at me patiently waiting for me to answer.

"...It was great..."

I returned her smile with a smile of my own which I believed I saw stars in her eyes as if she saw a fairy.

"Do you want to eat something?"

"...I was about to..."

I looked back towards the porridge positioned on a small table near my bed, as I take a step forward with my hand on the wall for support, the pretty woman held my hand which seemed easier and we walked slowly. It was like a toddler learning how to walk with the guidance of her mother. I gave her another smile which she also returned.