Chapter 47

Sasuke embarassingly covered his face with his right hand as he leaned his head against the wall.

"How's the situation over here?", his ears perked up, noticing his teacher walking towards the unconscious man lying on the floor.

"Some pervert tried to peek on Lhexi when she was taking a bath.", he explained, earning a tickmark as he glare at the black cloaked guy.

"Ehh...that's rather unfortunate for him...he targeted the wrong girl.", Kakashi crouched down, lifting his hood, his single eye widening. "Sasuke. Call Lhexi here."

Sasuke parted his lips a little before nodding without a word. Kakashi looked rather serious about it.

The Uchiha swiftly turned towards the sliding door that abruptly opened when he was about to touch the handle. He stood tall, staring down at the girl who gave him a flustered look for one moment that instantly disappeared within split second.

Sasuke moved out of her way. "You called for me, Kakashi-sensei?", she asks as she fix the sleeves of her green yukata.

"Come here. I want you to take a look at this."

Stopping next to her teacher, her purple eyes simply narrowed in suspicion and confusion. The man had his eyes turn white, his mouth hanging wide open. Half of his face was black and so was the right side of his body including his one arm and leg.

Kakashi removed his two fingers from the man's wrist. "He's gone."

Sasuke on the other hand, watched perplexed before shooting a quick glance at Lhexi.

Kakashi's single eye moved towards Lhexi. "Don't worry. You didn't killed him. Most likely, he was killed by hypothermia. That was the reason why he was at the onsen. He probably thought he could reverse the symptoms by soaking his body in warm water."

Naruto watched everything from a close distance just a few meters away from Sasuke. His blue cerulean eyes, glimmered down after witnessing someone dying before his watch. 

Kakashi slouchly stood up before placing his hand on Lhexi's shoulder. "Cases like this are pretty normal here in the Land of Iron, even ninjas can't escape them.", he simply walked past her, towards the two boys who remained silent throughout their conversations.

"You two, hurry up and change. Get a quick rest, we will leave early tommorow. Inform Sakura of the situation. And Lhexi--", much to everyone's shock, Lhexi was studying the dead corpse as she cut through his shirt with a kunai from the man's pouch.

Lhexi twisted the kunai on her hand before stabbing the right side of his abdomen where it turned black.

"Lhexi-chan, what are you--?!"

Before Naruto could finish his question, a part of the dead man's body began to crack. Lhexi watched with unmoving eyes as half of his body shattered to many broken pieces, falling around her feet.

Everything was silent only the sound of the noise coming from the opposite hallway. It felt like an eternity as they all watch the girl who picked up one of the shards, pointing it towards the light, assessing it with her eyes.

"I'm pretty sure this isn't normal, Kakashi-sensei."

Kakashi was stupefied although he did a good job at hiding it. "We need to be careful. This is most likely caused by a man not nature."

Naruto shivered. "Lhexi-chan! You should not touch them carelessly, dattebayo!"

"Idiot, she knows what she's doing. If you're careful, you woundn't get frostbite that easily dobe.", Sasuke said before stuffing his hands diagonal to his sleeves to provide some warmth.