Tendo x Tall! masculine! reader

Word count: 1517

WARNING HOMOPHOBIC SLURS

"M/N! Over here!" You looked over the busy cafeteria and saw your boyfriend standing up and waving his arms to beckon you over. You smiled and walked over, placing your tray on the table, taking a seat between Tendo and Ushijima. 

"Hey, do you know why all the girls are freaking out?" Shirabu asked, playing with his food. "It's super annoying." 

"Not to agree with Shirabu, but yeah, what's the deal?" Semi sighed slumping in his chair. 

"The cheer team and the tennis team both posted the line ups this morning and the theatre club is posting the cast...right about now." Ushijima said, looking over at the clock on the far wall. 

"Well, as long as they leave us alone we'll be fine." You said, starting to dig into your food. Under the table you felt Tendo's hand sneaking into yours. With a light blush on your face you grasped his hand and held it under the table, rubbing your thumb over the side of his hand occasionally as you ate. 

"Ohh~ Lovebirds~!" Semi teased, watching as Tendo's face erupted in a deep red blush. You two had been out to the team for a few weeks now, and you were still shy about showing PDA. Tendo didn't mind, you still found small ways to touch him whenever you could, like stretching or helping him do something. 

"Mean semi-san. If you ever get a partner I'm very sorry for them." Tendo pouted, stuffing his mouth as Semi glared. 

"Oh shit." Shirabu sighed putting his head on the table. "Don't look now, but the gossip trio is coming over." 

You looked over your shoulder as three girls in pristine uniforms walked over. The three of them practically ran the gossip circle at Shiratorizawa. They had started countless rumors that had ruined friendships and relationships alike. The leader, Manami was your average looking girl but had A+ in every class she'd ever been in, and could insult and gaslight most to the point of tears. Her right hand woman, Mai was extremely pretty and usually very nice, but if you crossed her she could pull connections from everywhere and ruin your life. The last girl, Minoru, was fairly pretty, but was the biggest air head you would ever see. But she knew secrets about practically everyone. 

"Why are you guys holding hands? Oh! Are you dating!?" Minoru asked, pointing to you and Tendo. 

"You do know being gay is a sin." Manami said, picking at her nails. "Just so you know." 

"Oh~ I have a gay cousin, she's super weird though. I hope not all gays are so weird." Mai said, ignoring the way Tendo tensed up besides you. 

"Yes we are dating and yes I know being gay is a sin but if heaven is filled with people like you I'd rather get tortured for eternity." You snapped, squeezing Tendo's hand for support. You relaxed slightly as Tendo squeezed back. 

"If you three have nothing productive to say to them can you leave?" Ushijima asked, lowering his voice so it sounded scarier. 

"ugh. no need to be so rude, we were just trying to say hi to you." Manami said, crossing her arms. 

"Well your introduction is unwanted." You said, turning back around to your food. She scoffed and you smirked to yourself. 

"Are all homosexual's this rude?" Manami snarked, trying to get a rise out of you. But to her surprise it was Tendo who answered. 

"Not all, just those who are having homophobic comments thrown in their face. If I started insulting your half done highlights and outgrown roots and pointed out that your 10 step facial routine doesn't do anything other than enlarge your pores I think you'd be fairly upset as well."