Bokuto X Tall!reader (part 2)

Word count: 2192

This is part two

It had been a two weeks since the locker incident. Bokuto and M/N had started dating but Bokuto hadn't talked to Akaashi since. M/N had talked things out with the raven haired boy and they were on fairly good terms. 

No matter what the setter tried, Bokuto would barely look his direction. He got most of his praise from M/N and would tune Akaashi out when he would compliment a spike or a block. The rest of the team had noticed the shift right away. It was kinda like when he went into emo mode, but he was still performing at his best. 

"M/N! He hates me now. He barely even acknowledges I exist other than to give him sets!" Akaashi sobbed as he sank to the floor on the roof. 

"He doesn't hate you." M/N said rolling his eyes. But then he thought about it. Bokuto never really said anything to the setter, he just sent nodes when he needed to and would look over to the taller boy. "OK! Maybe he hates you." M/N admitted. 

''I'm sorry. It was just so frustrating to watch you guys dance around each other and I wanted to help because he would get so depressed about you not wanting him and you would pout and pine no matter what I told you! I just-" He ran a hand over his head. "I'm sorry. I wanted to help you guys." His voice cracked. 

"You guys are perfect for each other. It was frustrating to watch you guys think so lowly of yourselves.'' He continued, starting up at the sky. 

M/N just sighed and ran a hand through his H/C locks, watching as they settled back down in front of his face slightly. 'Well, one hand, I can't fully blame Bokuto for shutting Akaashi out like that for putting the whole stunt together, but on the other, Bokuto needed to talk this out with Akaashi. They didn't need to be friends but they needed to put a official close to their friendship if thats what they decide on. They can't go around in this limbo anymore.'  The H/C haired boy thought.

"All I can do is try to get him to talk." M/N said with a heavy sigh. "No guaranties he'll listen. After school this Friday, come over to my house around 6. Me and bokuto have movie nights every friday so he'll be there. You guys can talk then. " 

Akaashi looked up and wiped his tears. "Thank you M/N." 

He gave a smile and helped him off of the floor. "Your welcome. Besides it's weird to have my best friend and boyfriend fighting." 

Akaashi chuckled and nodded. The bell rang and the two walked to practice. 

As usual Bokuto ignored Akaashi and acted normal to everyone else. M/N sighed as he helped take the nets down. Bokuto was waiting for him outside of the gym as usual. Akaashi had stopped walking home with you two because Bokuto would ignore him and it would make it awkward when M/N would try to include the setter in the conversation. 

You two talked about your days and what movie you wanted to watch on Friday. 

As you approached Bokuto's house, M/N paused. 'I should try and ask now. If he doesn't want to answer then he has a way out.'  He thought as you shook his head slightly. 

"M/N? is something wrong?" Bokuto asked as he held M/N's hand. 

"Not really but it's been bugging me for a while now." He answered as you wondered how to put it nicely. "Uhm, I understand why you aren't talking to Akaashi, but I was wondering why you haven't told  him if you want to officially end your friendship? Like you guys are in this limbo and he's upset and kinda wants to know if your ever going to talk to him or are you ending things cause like he-" He rambled as you tried to ask without sounding rude. 

"M/N, your rambling again." Bokuto said as he patted M/N's back. "Well, I guess it's cause he didn't think about what could go wrong. You almost got hypothermia because of him! And also kinda cause...He made you hurt and I don't want to ever see you hurt." He mumbled out blushing at the end.