Kenma x Short!reader

word count : 1540 

"Oi, Kuroo. Your good friends with Kenma. Why has he been skipping out on team hang outs more. Aren't you supposed to drag him out?" Yaku scolded hitting Kuroo with a spare ball. The team was cleaning up after practice, but Kenma had wiggled out somehow and had already left campus. 

"I don't know. He just evades the question when I ask. but he gets genuinely mad the few times I've dragged him out so I'd guess whatever's taking up his time is more important than his games. " Kuroo answered, throwing the ball into the trolley.

"OH! I know! We can follow him after school! Say we're not doing practice and follow him to see what's up!" Lev suggested, earning himself a Yaku kick. 

"No, we shouldn't do that. It'd be a major invasion of his privacy." Kai said, shaking his head in disappointment. 

"But he's been so out of it and with the training camps coming up, we need him at his best!" Lev protested, running away from another kick. 

"maybe, but we should just ask!" Yaku insisted. 

"I've tried, do you know how hard it is to pin him down in a conversation? He just stops taking and hides until he can physically get away." Kuroo said with a heavy sigh. "If only it was that easy." 

The team finished cleaning up, and despite Kai's and Yaku's disagreements, they made plans to follow their setter after school the next day. Kenma seemed to buy the not having practice get up and sneaked off to call someone during lunch break. 

In honesty, Kenma was trying to plan a date night with M/N, his boyfriend of two months. They hadn't really been able to go on a big date and Kenma wanted to change that. Who knew planning around unpredictable practices and catching trains and getting home before parents worried was harder than you'd think. But with practice being cancelled, they could finally get their "official" date and not be as stressed about getting home on time. You two quickly made plans to try out a new restaurant that you'd both been eyeing, and hang out together at the park. 

Kenma was buzzing with excitement the rest of the day, speaking more and making eye contact more. Most people wouldn't have picked up on it, but to Kuroo and Yaku it was obvious he was very very happy. 

Kuroo was dying from curiosity. What had his best friend so excited? He had tossed the idea's of a new game or an update coming out as when that happened, he just rambled on and on about the game and the lore, but he hadn't. He hadn't ever really seen Kenma this outwardly excited about anything, and it was a change. Yaku had smacked some sense into him, but he couldn't help but hope Kenma had found someone. 

Time skip brought to you by Kuroo's block 

The team was spread out through restaurant, trying to figure you out. Kuroo was a few tables down from you two, pretending to be on a date with Yaku, who was spending the whole time kicking him under the table and making sure they weren't caught. Lev was sitting with Kai and Shibiyama, all dressed in matching T-shirts and glasses  across the restaurant. 

"Bed head! get down!" Yaku hissed, raising his cup to the side of his face so It would be harder to identify him when Kenma looked over. 

"Shush!" Kuroo whispered back, pretending to look through his bag for something. 

"Why are we still here! He's obviously on a date! So we know he's seeing someone!" Yaku sighed, wanting to go home now that they know who's been distracting Kenma. 

"but he's been hiding this from us, if he got in a relationship you'd think he'd at least tell me." Kuroo said, taking a sip from his drink. 

"I don't know, maybe he wasn't ready to come out yet? Or maybe his partner wanted to keep it secret? We've snooped far enough. We should leave before he notices anyone."