Daichi x Swimmer!reader

Word count : 913

"All right! Start cleaning up then go change!" Daichi yelled, putting his water bottle down. The team had just finished practice and he was eager to see M/N for their study date later. 

"hehe~ eager to get back to M/N are we?" Sugawara teased as he passed Daichi. 

"You don't get to say anything, "Mr. Refreshing~" Daichi mocked, walking away to collect stray balls and return them to the trolley. Sugawara blushed as he remembered the time Daichi had walked in on him and Oikawa making out at the practice game. 

The team started cleaned up with minimal incidents, Daichi only had to scold Nishinoya and Tanaka once for making a racket when Kiyoko handed out towels. 

"Oh~ So they get a show~?" You said, opening the gym door. You were shirt less and wearing skin tight swim trunks. They gym quieted as they watched Daichi smile brightly before seeing what you were wearing, or weren't wearing. 

"Now they do." Daichi grumbled, walking up and giving you a hug. 

"Oh~? Is your boyfriend such a good catch or is someone jealous?" You joked, flicking water droplets onto his face.

"Not to interupt the lovey-dovey couple, but doesn't your practice get out after ours?" Sugawara asked, giving you a fist bump. 

"Yeah but we  beat Sejioh's swim team a few days ago so as a reward we got to leave a little early today." You smiled, wrapping an arm around Daichi's shoulders. 

"YOU'RE M/N!" A first year yelled. You winced at the loud sound before a ball of energy was in your face. "LIKE  M/N THE CAPTAIN OF THE SWIM TEAM THAT BROUGHT KARASUNO TO NATIONALS LAST YEAR?!" 

"Yeah, we did go, but we got beat in the quarter-finals." You said a little bummed at the bittersweet memory. 

"YOU ARE SO COOL!" He cheered, running up to another boy with black hair and started chatting his ear off. 

"HEY!" Daichi yelled, grabbing everyone's attention. "Yes, while they did go to Nationals, you guys need to keep it quiet." 

"Okay Daichi!" The first year from earlier cheered. 

"Well, guessing by your reaction, you know who I am, I'm M/N L/N. It's a pleasure to finally meet the team Dai-chan's been ranting about." You introduced, playfully ruffling Daichi's hair. 

"You guys seem close." Someone said, you looked over but couldn't see who spoke. 

"I'M NOT THAT SHORT!" a boy yelled before you looked down and was met with an upset second year. 

"Nishinoya. Behave." Daichi scolded, causing the other boy to freeze mid stomp. 

"Yes sir." The boy who you assumed to be Nishinoya said. You chuckled at how Daichi had his team members on a very short leash. 

"I didn't mean to offend you. I should have looked down." You apologized, soothing his anger.

"Just don't do it again." Nishinoya said before stomping off to Asahi. 

"And I would hope that we're close, considering that we're dating." Daichi replied, watching Nishinoya use Asahi as a jungle gym. 

"Your dating someone?" Another second year asked, earning a eye roll from Daichi. 

"Yes, is it that hard to believe that I'm in a relationship?" Daichi sighed, leaning his head on your shoulder. You chuckled as the surprised expression on the second year's face. 

"You just didn't seem like the type to date is all!" the boy explain, waving his arms apologetically.

"it's fine Tanaka." Daichi said, cutting him off from trying to apologize more. "I get it." 

"If you guys are cleaning up I can help." You suggested, watching as a green haired boy came out of the supply closet with brooms. 

"Nah, we're almost done. Since I know you and Daichi will be handsy, how about you guys just go home?" Sugawara suggested, grabbing Daichi's water bottle and towel and shoving them in his arms before he could complain. "I know someone's been eager for your study date!" 

"I'm the captain Suga, shouldn't I-" Daichi started, only getting cut off by Asahi. 

"You work to hard. Leaving slightly early for once won't harm you." he spoke, closing the door in your faces. Daichi just stood there shocked as you tried not to laugh. He blushed and lightly smacked your arm as he walked over to the club room to change. 

"It's not funny M/N." Daichi pouted. 

"But it is!" You chuckled, giving him a kiss on the cheek to make him stop pouting. "Your a great captain. They just wanted you to not overwork yourself." 

"They only kicked me out of cleaning though. They're probably messing around in there." Daichi scoffed, pulling open his locker. 

"it's the idea that counts."  You shook your head, sending water droplets everywhere. 

"Hey! You're not a dog!" Daichi scolded,but his voice was gentle as he watched you laugh. You had your head thrown back and you were shaking from laughter. He felt butterflies in his stomach as he watched you. He pulled your head forward slightly and moved to kiss you, pausing right before they could touch. 

You smirked and moved the last bit, softly kissing him. Daichi moved his lips slowly against yours, smiling as you two made out. He moved his hands down to rest at your hips as you wrapped your arms around his neck to pull him closer.  You smiled brightly as you pulled away, watching Daichi chase after you for another second. 

"I love you." he said, slightly breathless and flushed from the kiss. 

"I love you two." You answered, resting your foreheads together. 

A.N.
Shorter chapter! This was requested
by @The_Akaashi_Keiji