Tsukishima x Fighter!reader

Fluff 

Word count: 2891 

Tsukishima sighed as he waited for class to start. Yamaguchi was sick and wouldn't be coming to school for a few days. He sighed thinking about how boring school was going to be without his olive haired best friend. 

"Alright class, settle down. Settle down. We have a new student joining us today. Please introduce yourself." The teacher said, fumbling with papers on his desk. A H/C male with a nervous smile quickly walked in and turned to the class. He had E/C eyes and was messing with the hem of the uniform. 

''Um, I'm M/N L/N. Its nice to meet all of you." He said. Tsukishima  raised an eyebrow as he watched M/N looking around for a place to sit.

"M/N please sit next to Tsukishima for a few days, we're a little short on desks at the moment." The teacher said pointing at the blond. M/N nodded and quickly sat down. 

Tsukishima just sighed. 'Great. He's probably going to try and make friends. Ugh I wish Yamaguchi was here.' he thought as the teacher started the lesson. 'I hope he gets better soon. This class is so boring.' 

Through out the next few days, M/N would greet Tsukishima and sit next to him at lunch. No matter what mean thing Tsukishima would say to the H/C boy, he always had a witty come back that left Tsukishima glaring in silence. 

"Where'd you get that lunch from? A hobo?"
"Well at least it cost more than your dollar store headphones." 

"You need help with the math homework? You really are dumb."
"Well I'd rather be dumb than have the personality of a pregnant roach.'' 

No matter what insults Tsukishima threw at him, M/N always seemed unfazed. Their weird friend ship grew from the witty banter thrown between the two. When Yamaguchi got back, he was surprised to watch his best friend throwing insults at a new kid who would throw them right back. 

The three quickly made a trio and they were a force to be reckoned with. After school once Yamaguchi had ran into some upper class men. They were rude about it and had gotten physical. Then Tsukishima and M/N had showed up and threw insults at them until they left Yamaguchi alone. 

It was the first time Tsukishima had seen M/N angry. He'd seen the H/C boy annoyed, he'd seen him happy. But he'd never seen him angry. M/N was throwing insult after insults with balled up fists. He'd been merciless in the insults he'd thrown. He'd gone after dead mothers and fathers who went to get milk but never came back. A small voice in the back of Tsukishima was going on about how hot it was to see the boy angry and ready to punch someone. He couldn't really disagree with the voice. 

A few weeks after the incident, it dawned on Tsukishima. The three of you had been out on the weekend at the park. It was getting late and the day had been windy. A sudden gust of wind had knocked you back into a patch of dandelions. But when you fell, the wind blew the seeds into the air and around your face. You were mid laugh and had a huge smile on your face. Paired with the setting sun and the dandelions you had looked heavenly. Tsukishima's face was cherry red for the rest of the walk home. 

He'd fallen for the H/C boy. Now that he knew, he noticed more and more. The way your face would light up when you saw a cute animal, or the mischievous glint in your E/C eyes when the two of you would throw petty insults at each other. The butterflies in his stomach when you would brush up against him in the crowed hallways. The blush that would cover his face when you'd laugh at a joke Yamaguchi made. 

When Tsukishima told Yamaguchi about his crush he'd been hoping for advice on how to make the feelings die. But Yamaguchi had just laughed and called him a tsundere.