Asahi x Chubby!Insecure!reader

Fluff

word count: 1611 

Asahi let out a small sigh as he glanced up from his phone. He'd been outside M/N's house for about ten minutes, waiting for the other to show for their date. They were going to go out on a drive then have a picnic at the top of a hill that from the top you could see all of Myagi from. It had the prettiest views and if they didn't leave soon, they'd get there late and miss the sunset. 

'Maybe I should go in?' he thought then quickly shook his head. No, he was gonna wait out here. Going inside is what Noya, or Tanaka would do. Besides, it's not like you where hurt or anything, right? Yeah, you were fine, maybe you just slept in or you couldn't find your F/C hoodie that you insisted on wearing. You weren't hurt, there's a perfectly good reason as to why you didn't answer any of his texts. 'Maybe he is hurt.' he thought with a shiver of fear and worry. 

As he was thinking, he put his phone in his pocket and slowly walked up to the gate. 'I'll just knock on the door.' he reasoned as he undid the latch on your gate and closed it behind him. 

Just as he was about to knock, the door creaked open a little bit and he heard a soft sob from inside your house. 'M/N?!' he thought as he rushed inside. The worse case scenarios played in his head as he sprinted to your room. Had you cut yourself? Did you fall down the stairs going to the basement? Did someone break in and hurt you? Had you smashed your finger so hard that it fell off? Did you cut your knee open on the cupboard door in the kitchen?

These scenarios kept running through his head. The closer he got to your room, the louder the sobs and wails got. He could feel his heart breaking at the thought of you being hurt. He came to a stop right outside your door and steeled himself for what layed beyond. He slowly opened it and what he saw nearly made him fall to the floor on his knees. 

You were on the far side on the room, in front of a cracked mirror and you were sobbing. Various outfits layed around you in a hazardous pile. The mirror was cracked and pieces had fallen onto the floor around your shacking body. 

Asahi didn't know what to do. Did he move you away from the glass and risk touching you before you were ready to be touched? Or did he let you stay where you were and risk you cutting yourself on accident? He didn't want to touch you if you weren't ready, but he wanted to get away from the glass on the floor. 

"M/N?" he asked slowly walking towards the male on the floor. Your head snapped up and Asahi could see the panic behind your E/C eyes. "baby, can I hug you?'' he asked getting onto the floor himself. You let out a sob and threw yourself in the waiting arms of your boyfriend. He let out a yelp as you landed in his lap, throwing an arm out behind him to stay sitting. You sobbed into his arms as he slowly moved you two away from the glass shards that littered the corner. 

Once he had you in his arms, his anxiety lowered ad spiked at the same time. He couldn't see any physical wounds, but there was a reason that you were sobbing in the corner of your room. As you cried into his chest he ran a hand through your H/C hair and lightly scratched your scalp. 

While you calmed down, Asahi just stared at the top of your head as he tried to figure what made you upset. A thousand different threats for various people ran through his head. 

'Did someone say something? M/N doesn't really care what people think unless there close to him. Is the team close? I swear to Satan's ass crack if beanpole-shima said something I will make him regret even existing in the same universe as M/N. By the time I'm done with him he'll look like a pregnant roach that got blasted by a flamethrower, melted and re-frozen, made into ice cream that got left out in the sun for a week in a car in Southern California in the middle of June.' He  thought, body curling around M/N protectively. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked quietly, running his hands through your H/C hair. 

"...can we cuddle for a bit first?" you asked nuzzling the top of you head into his chest. Asahi chuckled and pulled you closer to him. After a few minutes, you spoke up. 

"I was just having a bad day. I didn't mean to worry you." You said, upset that you'd ruined the date that you two were supposed to go on with your break down. 

"It's okay to have bad days M/N. Just know that I'll always be here for you no matter what." Asahi said stroking your hair lovingly. "Do you wanna just stay in? We can have a movie night. We'll watch F/M." 

You smiled and sat up, and wiped the last few tears away. "Yeah, that'd be nice." 

Asahi smiled brightly at you and then dragged you downstairs to get the food out of his car and pick out movies to watch.  You set up a blanket fort in the middle of the living room while Asahi was outside.  

"I hope you don't mind slightly warm potato sal- OW!" he yelled as he tripped over the edge of your fort and fell over into the fort. He almost landed on top of you, but you rolled over in time to avoid his chest and sides, but getting smacked with his flying arms. "...watch where you're going teddy bear, you almost smushed me!" you exclaimed head flying up from the mess of blankets you were under. He just sat there and slowly started to blush. 

You turned your head slightly to the side and tried to figure out why wasn't saying anything. 

"Your too cute M/N. How did I get so lucky?" He said, reaching up to cup your face with his large hands. Your face erupted in a blush as you blinked trying to figure out where this was coming from. 

"W-where is this coming from?" You asked blushing. 

Asahi just chuckled and sat up and got out the food and started making your plate. He turned back to you, who's blush was dying down and beamed. "Eat up, I made your favorite!"

You mumbled and grabbed the plate and slowly started to eat. You watched Asahi eat his food from the corner of your eyes. 'My revenge will come. Just you wait.' you thought menacingly as you ate. Once you where finished you set your plate down and looked over at Asahi as he was finishing up the last few bites of food. 

He glanced over at you as he was chewing his last bite and tilted his head wondering why you where just watching him. 'Now!' you thought and lunged forward you quickly knocked him over onto the floor. You started tickling his stomach relentlessly as he tried to pry you off but with you straddling him, it was pretty difficult. He let out a barking laugh as he wiggled beneath you. "M/- M/N! s-stop!" he laughed out, trying to breath in between laughs. 

"NO!" you yelled and you continued on for a another minute. You only got up because of the threats to pee his pants.  As he caught his breath, you set the fort back up and picked out a movie. Of course It was F/M. You were a man of culture. Once he caught his breath, he got up and started making the popcorn. 

After a few minutes into the beginning of the movie Asahi came back with two large bowls of popcorn.  As you watched the movie, Asahi slowly pulled you closer to him. At first it was just an arm around your back, then the arm started to tug, then he scooted closer to you. You let out a sigh and just scooted completely into his side. "You can ask to cuddle Asahi." You deadpanned as he blushed and tried to come up with an defense. He never did as you simply turned your attention back to the movie. 

After another half hour you were on the brink of falling asleep when Asahi flipped over onto his back and pulled you onto his chest. It was warmer than his side and you contently nuzzled your face into his chest. He laughed and whispered, "I love you M/N. Even on your bad days. Your smile, your gorgeous E/C eyes. The way your face lights up when you get a serve right. Your extra chub. All of you. It lights me up on the inside and I'm extremely lucky to be able to call you mine. I love you, so much it hurts to even think about being without you. I love you M/N. Sleep well baby. You deserve it." You nodded off right as he said that and Asahi could tell by the way your chest rose and fell rhythmically. He smiled and pulled you even closer into his arms and fell asleep soon after. 

This is how your mom found you the next day, and if she took a few pictures to brag about what an amazing guy you had caught to her friends, well what you don't know can't hurt you. 

A.N. Oh my got this was so cute! Thanks to @mirerp95  for requesting this! I hope I lived up to your expectations. :))