Chapter 6

Recap:

"I think of you as a brother should."

Back to the present:

Sasuke stared. He had known Naruto for how long now? 2-3 days? And he thinks of the Uchiha as a brother, just like how he thought of the Itachi from his childhood. Being the Uchiha he is, he didn't show all this on his face, just stared ahead.

Sakura, well... (A/N: I don't even know what to write) she just stayed silent, even though her inner Sakura was urging her to do her normal fangirl stuff.

Kakashi and Iruka had just come out from in the trees (where they were washing up from beating up Naruto, then... a make out session). Their reaction to what they were seeing was a soft smile playing on their faces, though Kakashi's was under the mask.

"Ne, Sasuke, don't you think the same?" Naruto asked as he pulled back.

Sasuke stared only for a moment, then smiled, "No, what I think is that you are extremely weird."

Naruto pouted, and:

Kakashi: silently squealed 'KAWAIIIIIII'

Iruka: 'Awwwwwww!!!' ed

Sasuke: smiled a bit

Sakura: ACTUALLY squealed "Kawaii!" An pinched Naruto's whiskered cheeks softly.

(A/N: Ok, now I'll go back to my original style)

Naruto rubbed his cheek and grinned that foxy grin of his. 

//time-skip to where everyone is ACTUALLY doing something useful//

Iruka had went back to the academy, where he was SUPPOSED to be, and Kakashi had just started the bell test. The three soon-to-be genins had only an hour to get the bells, so they had to act fast.

Sasuke, being an ABSOLUTE idiot, didn't think first, and started to attack Kakashi, who responded fiercely, giving the Uchiha at least 7 new bruises to groan about.

Naruto had thrown a special smoke bomb he had made himself, it blocked out sight, sound, taste, touch, and even smell! The blonde then grabbed his teammates and ran to the woods. Sasuke was on Naruto's back, while Sakura (Thankfully) was carried bridal style (which of course, made her blush madly and squeal a bit). Naruto had first-hand experience, when helping a lady, you must always carry them bridal style (Once upon a time, he didn't carry an injured woman like that [Kurenai], aaaaaaand he jostled her a bunch while on his back [though, to be fair, he was only 12 at the time] and she slapped him so hard he had her handprint for a week.).

Naruto all but dropped Sasuke down, but since Sasuke was an oh-so-stuck-up Uchiha, he landed on his feet (also because he's addicted to cats). 

"OY! What was that for?" Sasuke asked as he bonked Naruto on the head gently.

"Ow! Watch it! That was for being the oh-so-usual-stuck-up Uchiha!" Naruto whined.

"What's wrong with being an," Sasuke put up his fingers in the comma motion, "'Oh-so-usual-stuck-up Uchiha', huh!?"

"You're too much like your father and the rest of your clan, act first, think later!" Naruto argued back.

"What do you mean?" Sasuke demanded.

"You immediately attacking got you 7 new bruises, I'm thankful I grabbed you both and ran from there! If not, you surely would've died!" Naruto said heatedly, then in a whisper said, "And I just called you brother today. When Uzumakis like me call someone 'brother' or 'sister', they are bonded for life, until either of them die. If one dies, the other will loose the ability to mold chakra, therefore being cursed to a civilian life forever."

Sasuke was taken aback. He had not known this.

"Anyway, Sasuke-kun, Naruto-kun, we need to concentrate on getting the bells from Kakashi-sensei." Sakura cut in. Honesty, enough of the reminiscing, we need to focus on what's happening now! Sakura thought.

"AH! Thank you, Sakura-Chan! Okay, so i know the goal of this test, since I know Kakashi-Nii-San. We need to work together to get the bells. 3 measly genins won't overpower a high-class, S-rank jounin. Teamwork, and certain sacrifices will get us where we need. So, I need you to promise me, whatever you do, DO NOT sacrifice yourself to get me into a safe location. I can get there on my own." Naruto fired away.

Sakura and Sasuke didn't understand fully, but still gave their word. Naruto nodded, then gave his plan (which, not to mention, could fully rival Shikaku of the Nara clan's strategies) to the other 2.

"Then, time for action, isn't it?" Naruto asked, once again, with the feral fox smirk.

Sasuke gave an arrogant smirk, while Sakura smiled and nodded her head enthusiastically.

"Then, let's get going!"