Chapter 18

Third POV

Naruto awoke after a few hours of sleep, a few minutes before sunset.

"Curse you, Orochimaru." He grumbled as a lingering pain nestled in his stomach, then chuckled darkly at the irony of his grumbling. He got up and went to wash his face in the bathroom.

Well, at least I can talk to you.

Wha- KURAMA! Naruto yelled happily in his mindscape and tried to pounce through the bars and onto one of Kurama's tails to hug it, but was thrown back so forcefully by the seal Orochimaru placed that his actual body slammed into a wall nearby, knocking the breath out of him. Unknown to the blond, the other 2 woke up due to the noise and rushed to the bathroom to see what was going on.

"Naruto!" Sakura yelped as she kneeled to help Naruto up, who was trying to not pass out. Shadows danced in his vision.

I'd better not be doing that again anytime soon. And that soon might not come for a very long time, since this seal is too complicated for me.

Kurama grunted in agreement. No s-

-KURAMA NO SWEARING-

-Shoot. The fox finished.

"I'm okay..." Naruto grunted out loud again.

"Sure you are, dobe." Sasuke spoke.

"TEME!!!"

"DOBE!!!"

"OKAY WE GOT IT!!!" A new voice added. Naruto and Sasuke turned to see their favorite Iruka-Sensei, and a quietly annoyed Sakura behind them. "Honestly, Naruto, I thought you were dignified or something-"

"Actually that's all Sasuke, but he has a good dose of emo and proud and stupid too-" Naruto was interrupted by a bonk on the head from Sasuke.

"C'mon, let's get you all washed up." Iruka sighed.

//time-skip to preliminaries//

Naruto and Kiba stood in the arena, ready to battle. 

"And START!" Hayate, the Procter of the preliminaries called, before turning away to cough.

"This is going to be easy!" Kiba boasted.

"I'll give you a tip, Kiba. Don't underestimate your opponents." Naruto smiled sadly, knowing that this little genin and his pup wouldn't be able to reach Chunnin if they continued like this.

"Hiraijin no jutsu!" Naruto whispered before dissapearing in a flash. Within the next second, Kiba was nocked out and Akamaru was held by the neck by Naruto; the poor dog was whimpering with fear.

"A-and... Naruto is the winner..." Hayate spoke in pure shock, along with a hidden dash of fear.

Naruto quickly hugged Akamaru, and the little adorable pup brightened up and licked the blonde's whiskered cheek in happiness.

With team 7 in the stands...

"I-Impossible!!!" Sakura ogled.

"W-Wow..." Sasuke stuttered.

Kakashi didn't even bother reacting, he kinds knew his little brother could do things like this.

//time-skip to the moment Neji is about to kill Hinata//

"No!" Naruto shouted before he disappeared from the place he sat at in the stands. Neji was just a few feet from killing the already weakened Hinata. She flinched, preparing for the strike that would most likely destroy her abilities to become a ninja, but after a few seconds, she didn't feel anything.

"No..." She whispered, when she opened her eyes.

(A/N: eehegkegfku3vfkcgweoufo4wfuGEIUW4G4IB THATS'S a good cliffhanger but Imma write some more)

Dang... that hurt. but I knew it was the right thing to take Neji's attack. I don't understand, how doesn't he see that Hinata could've died? At least he even HAS a cousin. I have no one, Naruto thought.

Neji just stared in shock as Naruto fell over, a huge hole in his attire where his chest is. Black and blue splotches decorated his skin like splotches on a canvas.

"Neji Hyuuga wins." Hayate spoke before coughing.

The medics came onto the arena to take Naruto and Hinata to the hospital. As 2 medics gently put Naruto on a stretcher, Naruto whispered to Neji, "You might be able to kill her, but you'll never kill her spirit. That's why I'm going to fight you soon, and win. Win for Hinata." And Naruto passed out.

//time-skip to Naruto Vs Neji//

*Start Naruto vs Neji Soundtrack*

Naruto POV

"Remember what I said Neji? About winning for Hinata?" I growled.

"Yes, I do. That statement will be proven false once I'm done with you." He growled back.

Then I started my brilliant plan. I had placed a seal earlier all around the stadium, so that when I activated the seal, the sky would darken, and it would look like a full solar eclipse was on, and that would add fear to the next part of my plan.

I then did something I don't think anyone watching thought I would do. I chuckled darkly as i bent my head down.

"Oh, you really think so?" I asked in a sweet voice, "Why don't you try and go at it? Make me lose, will 'ya?" I asked as I raised my head, revealing my sharp blue eyes, cleared from any sympathy.

In my mindscape, Kurama was laughing his butt off.

BAHAHAHAHHA!!! PERFECT FEAR TACTICS! THE WAYS OF A PSYCOPATH! NICE ONE BRAT!

Kakashi POV

This little trickster. He would make a great interrogator. I thought as Naru-chan stared Neji down.

I looked into Naruto's eyes, and even though I knew Naruto could do this, his eyes scared me a tad bit. They were dark and fierce...

Eyes of the killer

Third POV

Naruto stared with such hatred at Neji that the latter fell down from the weight of his stare. Blue Chakra the color of poison spiraled around Naruto. Then, within the blink of an eye, Neji passed out. No one knows how he was knocked out, but one slimy snake, a lonesome dog, and an old and tiresome monkey knew that Naruto moved with such speed that he didn't appear to move.

Then everything was gone. The solar eclipse, the chakra, the darkness, the KI, everything.

"Winner... is... Naruto..." Genma managed before he was at a loss for words. The civilians can't feel KI, so they cheered for Naruto, not realizing that this was the same boy that they tortured long ago. Naruto nodded at the crowd before flashing to where his team was.

"Naru...to... Naruto!" Sasuke yelped before catching his now unconcious teammate. Naruto had passed out from using the highly condensed chakra he used, hence the blue-poison color.

(A/N: WHY THE HECK IS THIS LOOKING LIKE A SASUNARU????? *angry noises* I ASSURE YOU THIS AIN'T A SASUNARU IT IS A NARUHINA!!! IF YOU WANT SASUNARU CHECK OUT 'Life of the Sacrifice')

"How come you're always the one catching him?" Kakashi asked casually while taking Naruto from Sasuke. The latter shrugged, he was always there whenever Naruto needed to fall back against.

Sasuke settled into deep thought. Maybe... just maybe... I can make just one bond once again...