Chapter 3

Naruto PO

I woke up, but kept my eyes closed, I was too tired to open them yet. I heard squealing, so I sat up, and then undid my henge before opening my eyes. Hanabi, Hinata, and Hitome-sama were squealing at me and Hiashi-sama was chuckling at me. I grinned sleepily before turning my eyes toward Kurama. His legs were up in the air, occasionally he pawed the air, and he snored a bit loudly. I stood up. Time for some fun.

I grinned evilly, "CATCH THE RABBIT!" I yelled into his ear. 

Wha-rabbit-gotta catch- he rolled and fell off the bed. I couldn't bear it. I laughed as I sprawled on the floor. 

After about a minute of laughing straight, a sudden pain spread over my stomach. The laughing that had so quickly overtook me now escalated into cries of pain as I turned and flailed here and there. Kurama rolled me onto my back and placed 2 tails and started to heal me. I tried to stifle the scream trying to rip my throat as the pain from yesterday came back in full force to my stomach. 

"Naruto-kun? Are you alright?" A soft female voice whispered somewhere close by. I couldn't tell because my sight was clouding up again. I whimpered as a blazing hot something pressed itself onto my abdomen. Calm down, Naruto, just breathe... Kurama whispered. I gasped for a little while as my heart rate settled down, then it slowed down and allowed me to breathe almost normally, but my heart pumped hard an my lungs worked and my diaphragm rose and fell with labor, and something tight squeezed my chest.

"How're you NOT killing me for embarrassing you in front of others?" I muttered to the fox once I had calmed down a bit, though I still breathed heavily.

Because you're still weak, and I have plenty of time later to torture you. He smirked.

I blew out a breath and sat up with a few of Kurama's tails helping me up. 4 people watched my every move with concern. "I'm fine, Hiashi-sama, Hitome-sama, a little pain isn't gonna kill me." I said.

//Time-skip to when Naruto's ready to head outta the house//

"Hinata-chan, let's go. It's time for school, we have exams coming up." I said. She nodded and blushed. An idea came to me. "Hold on, I have an idea that'll get us to school super fast." I said as I did a few hand signs and transformed into a fox. Kurama had given me the power to turn into any animal I wanted, and I mentally thanked him for it. 

"Get on, Hinata-chan, we're gonna speed to the academy." I said. 

"B-but h-how?" She looked dumbfounded. 

"Don't ask, just get on and enjoy the ride! Though you might want to hold on tight, I might go too fast." I said sheepishly. Hinata complied. 

"See you later, Hiashi-sama, Hitome-sama..." I said to the 2 adults before I mad-dashed out of the compound and ran at high speeds to the academy, an orange blur along the street. Hinata let go, and i started worrying she had lost conciousness, but when I looked up, she was enjoying herself. I smiled as I stopped right at the entrance of the academy. 

KIT! YOU WEAKENED YOURSELF!!! Kurama roared inside of me. I grinned sheepishly. I gently put Hinata down and transformed back into my real form. I stood up, and THEN I realized I was still weak because I fell onto my hands and knees.

WHY DIDN'T YOU WARN ME SOONER??? I yelled at Kurama.

BECAUSE YOU IGNORED ME YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE SHORT-STACK! Kurama yelled at me as I panted. 

I AIN'T A SHORT-STACK ANYMORE!!!!! I yelled back, though my words didn't make sense a second later, when Hinata put my arm around her shoulder. "Thanks Hinata-chan." I murmured. Thanks for being in my life, Kurama. I'd be dead without you. I thought, though I don't think he heard me because he was off grumbling about stupid blonde idiots whose dad married the red woman from hell, or something along those lines anyway.