Chapter 14

Third POV

It was finally morning, and Kakashi was done tossing and turning in his mattress. He had been situated in guest room 1, Naruto and Sasuke were in guest room 2, and Sakura was sleeping on a  mattress in Tsunami's room. Usually he slept with Naruto on his missions, that way he didn't get nightmares on missions, since his worst traumas had come to him on missions. Now he couldn't just barge into guest room 2, so he was stuck with the nightmares.

Kakashi decided sleep wouldn't come to him, and got up, brushing his teeth and taking a warm shower. After dressing in a simple jounin shirt and pants without he vest, he went to check on Naruto and Sasuke. When he opened their door, he almost squealed like a fangirl when he saw their situation. Both boys were cuddling like little babies in their sleep. Kakashi couldn't help it, he lifted the small square of paper covering his sharingan eye, and copied the image of Sasuke and Naruto cuddling into his memory. Then a well-dressed Sakura came in following Kakashi, she had a habit of waking up early. She saw the 2 boys, and that's it. She was squealing like the fangirl she is, soon to be was. 

Naruto woke up first, hearing the squeals of Sakura. "Oh, good morning." He tried to sit up, but Sasuke's arms hugging him prevented him from getting up. 

Poor boy, he really did want comfort.

Yeah. Reminds me of when I first met you, you refused to wake up after that beating, and stayed around me all the time. Well, more like my tails.

I was 4. Naruto deadpanned in his mindscape.

You were a genin at that time and you let them hurt you. Kurama deadpanned back.

"-RUTO" Kakashi brought Naruto back to the outside world. "Huh?" Was the smart answer Naruto gave. Kakashi sighed, "Wake him up. We're gonna train." 

"Okay... Oy Sasuke, lemme go, you cheeky bastard." Naruto chuckled. Nice try, you little- Naruto thought. "Sasu-Chan... wake up~" Naruto sang as he poked said person's cheek. Sasuke's forehead crinkled with an irk-mark. "Nice try, buddy, but it's morning." Naruto laughed as he was thrown off the mattress by an angry uchiha.

//time-skip until after they were ready, it's 7 AM//

"Alright everyone, since breakfast isn't ready, lets go out and train!" Kakashi said.

The children nodded and followed the older teen out the door. when the got to their destination, Kakashi turned around and spoke to his cute little genin, "Today, we are going to do chakra-control exercises. You 2, Sakura and Sasuke, will be climbing the trees, and before you go on that you can climb trees, you have to do it without hands. Meaning that you'll-" 

"-have to use chakra to walk up." Naruto finished before receiving a light bonk on the head from Kakashi. "Well, you heard 'em, get moving." He shot 2 kunai at the roots of 2 trees. (Somehow, these trees were connected by the roots, so they were kind of like twin trees.) "Use that to scratch the tree as soon as you start falling."

"Sensei," Sakura asked, "What's Naruto-kun going to do?" 

"I'm going to take some rest, and give you some tips on the way." Naruto smiled in such a sweet way that any girl would be attracted. Sakura blushed hard, then concentrated on walking up her tree. 

Soon enough, Sakura was up on top of her tree. "Look, Naruto-kun, I did it!" She yelled down to Naruto, who was resting on the side of her tree. "Oh, nice job! Ugh..." Naruto hollered back, then groaned as he felt faint. "Can you come down here?" He called. She nodded her head no, she didn't have any chakra left. Naruto sighed, then with one super jump, he landed on the branch Sakura was on, the latter gasped as he suddenly appeared. "Give me your arm, I can't carry you." She complied to his request. Naruto wrapped her arm around his neck, and held her thin waist, then jumped back down. It hurt his feet to land, but what other choice did he have?