Chapter 20

A/N: OMG I'M SO SORRY I JUST DIDN'T UPDATE THIS I'M SO SORRY

This chapter contains some sensitive topics, but it's like one Paragraph. I'll indicate it.

anyway to the story.

Third POV

The people of Konoha attended the funeral for the third hokage and the rest of the leaf shinobi with heavy hearts. Konohamaru was crying into his uncle's black robes, as Asuma himself stared at his late father's gravestone.

⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️

Kakashi was sad too, he had lived to see adulthood only because of Minato and Hiruzen; without the latter, he would have commited suicide so long ago.

✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅

Naruto himself would be dead and long gone without the Sandaime. He was his grandfather, the only one who, in the beginning, was pretty much the only one who cared for him other than Kakashi. He held onto Hinata's hand and let a single tear flow. While people celebrated ANBU Fox, he really was Naruto Uzumaki, and people still hated him. Why should they love their temporary savior, but hate he who saved their past, present, and future?

Yet, Sandaime loved him. When Naruto first applied to join ANBU, Sandaime had locked him up in his house to preserve his childhood, but opened the door and embraced the blonde when the latter threatened to get the knife out.

//time-skip because I'm dying and so is poor Naruto, he's not very main character-like here and that's my fault sorry//

*IN THE HYUUGA MANSION, NARUTO'S ROOM*

"N-Naruto-kun... I brought some tea- oh!" Hinata yelped when Naruto jumped and almost knocked over the tea plate. (A/N: IS THAT HOW YOU SAY IT, I'M UNCULTURED GUYS DON'T JUDGE AND I'M SUPER SORRY)

"Sorry Hime-chan." Hinata blushed at the nickname, "I've been super jumpy the past few days." Naruto mumbled, feeling hollow.

Hinata smiled slightly, then set the tea plate on the small desk Naruto had in his room. It was only then Naruto noticed how many cups were on the plate.

"Hinata-chan, why are there 4 cups on that plate?" Naruto asked warily.

Hinata only smiled softly, then moved into the room, letting the newly identified Sakura and Sasuke into the room.

"About time you stopped ignoring us." Sakura mumbled as she passed out tea to everyone. Sakura sat on the desk chair, Sasuke leaned against the closet, and Hinata sat on the foot of Naruto's bed, the blonde himself lying down.

"About time you guys went home and relaxed. If I myself am tired and aching, what are you guys going through?" Naruto closed his eyes and mumbled.

"You did the most work out of all of us." Sasuke muttered, then grunted as he shifted positions.

"Wait, Sasuke, no WAIT! BAKA!" Naruto yelped as Sasuke's back fell onto a trap in the corner. A set of huge metal claws gripped his torso, and a sharp blade like a chainsaw came toward his throat. Just 2 inches away from the Uchiha's Adam's apple, Naruto's gloved hand held the blade with the metal piece on the back of his gloved hand. His other hand and one leg held the claws from crushing Sasuke's torso.

"Now, slowly get out. Sakura, there's a torn up thing in the other corner, get it to me." Sakura got the thing, which was a black-cloaked stuffed dummy with a swirly mask on it.

(A/N: I feel like I'm insulting people of color, just my feeling, so MY DEEPEST APOLOGIES! IDK HOW ELSE TO SAY IT, I DO NOT MEAN TO BE RACIST!)

(A/N: later update, my brain finally found something to fix the stupidity my sleep-deprived brain made. Again, people of color, I'm super sorry I did not mean to write "black-colored", I tried to write something to indicate Naruto's stuffed Tobi dummy thing)

"Put it in the claws." Sakura complied, carefully doing so, then jumping back.

Naruto let go, and a sickening crunch filled the room as the black-colored dummy oozed cotton stuffing and the mask broke with a loud crunch. Everyone else winced very visibly.

Naruto wearily flopped back onto his bed, careful to avoid kicking Hinata, but said warily, "Don't move yet."

Another log came out of seemingly nowhere, and hit the dummy's place-where-the-sun-don't-shine. Sasuke gulped audibly and SO DISCREETLY hid his lower body behind the table Sakura was sitting at. The 2 girls winced, even though Sakura secretly enjoyed it, thinking of the dummy as every s*x offender she had ever met.

"W-wasn't that a l-little too m-much?" Hinata shivered.

"Not for that guy. He's a real person, and he's the reason the 4th hokage died."

"Oh." The girls quieted. The mood was sullen once again.

An awkward silence...

"Ok, so why are you guys really here?"

"That's a good question, why do we have to be here consoling your stupid butt-" Sasuke said with dripping sarcasm before Sakura glared at him. Naruto watched the whole thing, but his eyes widened when he saw Sakura taking a big step from being a fangirl to being a kuniochi. He was happy for this, but kept his expression blank.

"What this ignorant baka means is," Sakura turned back with a smile again, "We want to know why you didn't tell us."

"There's a lot I haven't told you," Naruto flopped his hand onto his eyes to block out the soft light, "so you'll need to be specific."

"Why didn't you tell us you were an ANBU?" Hinata asked, startling the rest of them, including the boy of subject himself.

"How did you know?" Sakura asked.

"He saved me multiple times, and when he got Orochimaru's seal off and took us home, I changed his bandages. There were a lot of scars that couldn't come upon even a Jonin." Hinata spoke without a single pause, which surprised even Naruto, considering how shy she was.

"But-" Sasuke started, but Hinata cut him off by standing up from the bed, which surprised Naruto even more.

"But there were also very old scars, and this time I could identify them as made with knives and forks and other sharp household items."

"WHAT?" Sakura's yelp was hushed by the rest of them, when they saw Naruto flinch, then wince as his sore shoulders protested against movement.

Hinata turned to Naruto, and this time, her eyes were as clear as water. Naruto could've gotten lost in them, had it not been for Hinata's intense stare at him. "The scars all spelt out, 'Demon', 'Murderer', 'Villain', and even 'Bastard'. So tell me, Naruto-kun." Naruto shivered under her gaze and tone.

"What are the people of this village doing to you?"