Chapter 25

A'N: I'm back guys! Alive? Maybe. Dead? The probability is 50%. But ready to write? 75%. Ready to sleep? 1000%!!!!

But I shall write because I feel like procrastinating. Also, I am just coming back from a LONG writer's block.

Enjoy.

Third POV

One Sasuke Uchiha stood at the entrance of one of the caves in the Hokage mountain. He was not at all ready to do anything, yesterday's training had drained his chakra so painfully that it took forever to replenish it. Kakashi would have no chance of getting him to train, and that was it. End of story. And honestly, he deserved the rest. He already overused his jutsu so much that his hands and forearms nearly fell off.

His mind wandered as he thought of his future. He would find Itachi, kill him, and avenge his clan. But a little voice in his head that sounded too much like a certain blonde scolded him and told him to think about it afterwards. And the voice was right, what would he do after he killed Itachi?

"I'm Sasuke Uchiha. My likes are few and my dislikes are many. My hobbies are unrelated, and I have one goal. To kill my brother and avenge my clan."

Now that Sasuke thought about it, he was a stupid kid back then. Always clueless when Naruto knew what to do. Always weak when Naruto pulled so many jutsus out of his arsenal. And Naruto was ANBU level at what, 10 years old!

Sasuke decided that he couldn't fall behind. Naruto would be getting so much training from Jiraiya, wherever he was. But Sasuke didn't have the energy to do any hardcore training like he did for the past few months, so he simply sat and closed his eyes, meditating. Tsunade had told him to do this the last time he landed himself in the hospital after a mission. She said it was for gathering Chakra again, but Sasuke didn't care. It just allowed him to focus his thoughts and not get a headache...

And think of how he could get stronger.

And think of Naruto a little bit.

The blue-eyed ninja never left Sasuke's mind. (A/N: Half of me wants to say "awwww" while the other half says "Ayo kinda gay")

He constantly hyped the Uchiha up...

He scolded him when he thought dark thoughts...

He kicked his mental butt when he would almost give up...

A sudden loud crash echoed through the whole village, breaking Sasuke from his trance. He jumped up and shunshinned to where the smoke was, ready to fight the foe daring to endanger his village. Sasuke pounced on the figure in the smoke, a kunai held to the enemy's throat and a foot planted firmly on the chest. 

"Who are you?" Sasuke growled, enough to hear a squeak from his victim. But Sasuke stopped suddenly. 

He knew that voice anywhere.

It had haunted him for the past 3 years.

The smoke finally cleared to show the Hokage staring at the intruder, a mix of awe and surprise moulding her face.

For Uzumaki Naruto had come back to the village. 

THE Uzumaki Naruto, now 166 centimetres tall, hair still jagged, and with the smile he always wore. 

But that smile was warped as he wheezed, "Sasuke, get off please!"

Sasuke instantly refocused and got off of Naruto, who slowly sat up, wincing and rubbing where the Uchiha stomped on him. Sasuke lent a hand to Naruto and helped him stand, still in a little shock that Naruto was back.

"Hey, earth to Sasu-baka..." Naruto snapped in Sasuke's face, and the third time did the trick. Sasuke snapped out of whatever trance he was in. He swooped at Naruto, wrapping his arms around him in a strong hug.