Chapter 24

Third POV

Sasuke woke up in a dark, dismal place on his knees. He tried to stretch his arms and legs, but they were tied to a pole. 

A light flashed onto him.

Panic seized his insides, and he frantically whipped his head about to identify his surroundings.

"Sasuke!" A familiar voice called. Kakashi. "Calm down." Sasuke stopped flailing. A gentle hand patted his head. The Uchiha knew that hand.

"S-sakura." Sasuke croaked.

"It's ok, Sasuke-kun. I'm here. You're safe." Sakura whispered.

Out of the shadows in Sasuke's vision, Tsunade and Kakashi appeared. 

"Sasuke Uchiha..." Tsunade murmured. "Arrested for desertion of Konohagakure no Satoo, Life sentence for fatally wounding a shinobi," She listed off, "I wonder how you will defend yourself."

Sasuke growled hoarsely, and turned his Sharingan on. His eyes turned red for just a second, but immediately after, he cried out as his eyes pulsed and bled. Sakura gasped and cleaned his face with a napkin.

"There, there are plenty others who-" Sasuke coughed and hacked as his tired voice couldn't handle more talking, "don't need to be here."

Tsunade smirked slightly, "Look at that. You're able to use your sharingan under that seal when even Madara Uchiha couldn't. It was specifically designed for him and you could beat it. I guess we've got to upgrade our seals."

Sasuke glared at her, then glared more at Kakashi. "There aren't more Uchihas for you to seal." Sasuke muttered.

Kakashi sighed, a small smirk of pride at his student dancing behind his mask, "Hokage-sama, you might want to dismiss everyone."

The Senju Matriarch huffed, "And why should I?"

Kakashi lost all amiability. "Hokage-Sama." He took his turn to Glare at her.

Tsunade was taken aback, but she was thinking the same thing. "All of you, SCAT!"

A loud hustle resounded in the round room as everyone in the shadows scattered and regrouped to exit.

After a few minutes, there was only Tsunade, Kakashi, Sakura, and Sasuke in the room.

Sasuke let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Now that all the village elders -- more like geezers -- were gone, he could be semi-himself.

"I-" Sasuke started to defend himself, but a flash of orange light interrupted him.

"OUCH!" An extremely familiar voice yelped. Sakura gasped and moved to the body now sprawled on the floor.

Sasuke's eyes widened. "Naruto, what the hell are-" another coughing fit interrupted him. 

Naruto gasped and stayed stationary on the floor as Sakura tried to gently lift his shoulders. "Thank you Sakura, but I doubt I can move much."

Tsunade, who was seething until this point, started hollering, "WHAT IN THE ENTIRE LAND OF FIRE BRINGS YOU HERE WHEN YOU SHOULD BE DYING PEACEFULLY IN YOUR HOSPITAL BED?" Kakashi, Sakura, Sasuke, and Naruto all winced at the sheer volume 

"Sasuke's sentence." Naruto muttered. Tsunade sighed and walked over. She picked Naruto up a little roughly and placed him leaning against the pole that bound Sasuke. Naruto winced as he was moved, but sighed as he was able to sit and talk again.

"Naruto, are you cold?" Sakura asked. Naruto nodded, he didn't have a shirt on his bandages, his chest cast couldn't fit anything on top of it.

Sakura got up and ran to the edges of the room, and came back with a warm quilt.