Chapter 16

Naruto POV

I was lying in the same bed, the same room, and the same Aunt Tsunami pressing burning cleaning alcohol onto my now numerous wounds, and the pain, and my muffled screaming.

I lay gasping for air and sweaty as the last of the wounds were cleared. "You're all done with the cleaning, now I have to bandage it." Aunt Tsunami said. I nodded weakly. 

Soon, I looked like a white beast, only my head was spared from bandaging. "I have a special medicine that'll put you to sleep, would you like to use that?" Aunty asked. I nodded again. Something cold and soothing went down my throat, and soon after I swallowed (with pain) I fell asleep.

Third POV

Kakashi and Sasuke were going to share Kakashi's room, since they felt Naruto needed a bit of space. But Naruto and Kakashi knew this was to make sure Sasuke didn't do something he would regret later on.

"Sasuke?" Kakashi said.

"Yes?" Sasuke whispered.

"How- what are you doing?" Kakashi asked as he saw Sasuke spin one of the senbon that had ended up in the house in his fingers.

"I'm keeping this." 

"Uh, why?"

Sasuke sighed, "This is a reminder for me to get stronger."

"It's just a senbon, just like the rest of the others that peppered you and Naruto."

"Unlike the others, this one happened to be the same senbon that hit Naruto's heart." Sasuke's grip on the senbon hardened. Kakashi stared. Was this really the Sasuke Uchiha that became a genin under his wing? How did the all powerful, broody, and emo avenger turn into this sentimental, gentle, crybaby-yet-amazing shinobi? Very much like Naruto?

"Well that's a change. When did you become sentimental?"

"I didn't."

"You're being sentimental. That senbon has nothing special, but your and Naruto's feelings have penetrated it." (A/N: NO THIS AIN'T SASUNARU, if you want that please check out my other story "Life of the Sacrifice".)

"Tch, whatever." Sasuke said before covering himself with the blankets on his mattress and falling asleep. He was tired too.

//time-skip//

Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi slowly recouped from whatever damage each one had suffered, and during their long wait for Naruto to recover, they all helped the bridge-building team finish the bridge. Once they finished it...

"What are we going to name it?" Tazuna asked.

"The Sukui Bride? The bridge of salvation?" Sasuke said.

"The Wave bridge?" Sakura pitched in.

"The Tazuna Bridge-" said old man started but the rest of the people 'NO!'ed him down.

"I do know what is a good name." Kakashi eye-smiled, his pointer finger up. Everyone looked at him, even Naruto who was on some crutches, though he immediately regretted looking up as. pain shot up his neck.

"Who made it entirely possible for the bridge to be built? So I say, that person's name should be used as the Bridge's name." Kakashi rattled.

"Who here likes 'The Kakashi Bridge'?" Kakashi asked. Naruto stared for a minute, but suddenly...

"AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" Naruto burst into laughter, though of course this scared everyone because it sounded like he was going to go on a massacre. (A/N: Imagine Kushina's laughter when she met Naruto in his mind)

Naruto let go of his crutches, which were caught by a scared Sasuke. "You really think you are going to let this bridge be named after you... I don't think so..." Nine-tails chakra leaked out of where his stomach was, and covered him in a coat of redness. 9 tails rose out of his lower back, signaling that he could go on a rampage anytime soon.

"N-never mind, please don't torture me with him..." Kakashi cowered like a coward. Naruto's cloak dissipated, and his turned from the blood red back to the shining blue they always were. Then he grunted and tilted back, his energy spent. Sasuke gave the crutches to a surprised Sakura and dashed to catch the falling blonde.

Why'd you take my chakra without asking me? Kurama muttered, he was extremely angry, but didn't want to show that to the still recovering Naruto.

I know, I'm sorry... Naruto groaned in his mind. A mood-off Kurama was the worst, but the blonde had brought it upon himself.

'Sorry' ain't gonna cut it. Kurama muttered.

What do I do to make you feel better, if  'sorry' doesn't work? Naruto asked. 

Promise me, unless in a life-and-death situation, you won't use my chakra. And you have to stop eating only ramen. Go to Kakashi's to eat.

Uh- fiiiiiiiiiine. Naruto groaned. He didn't have much more than ramen.

"I know! Naruto-Nii-Chan saved us, so this bridge should be named 'The Naruto bridge'!" Inari, the son of Tsunami said. 

It was a long story, how Naruto became Inari's Nii-Chan. 

(A/N: This is canon, nothing changes. You know the story.)

"H-huh? No Inari, we saved the land of waves together as a team!" Naruto protested while still in Sasuke's arms. (A/N: AGAIN, THIS IS NOT SASUNAU SO IF YOU WANT SASUNARU CHECK OUT "Life of the Sacrifice". PLEASE AND THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!)

"No Naruto, that's not true. You single-handedly saved Tsunami, you saved Sasuke, you saved me, you saved even your enemy, Haku, from a harsh future. You are the best suited to be the patron of this bridge." Kakashi glorified Naruto, who blushed slightly from the praise.

"Instead, let's call this the 'Uzumaki bridge'. I'm an Uzumaki, and ever since I learned of who I was, I've wanted to make a tribute to my fallen clan. And this will also fulfill your desires " Naruto said. Sasuke's eyes widened when he heard that Naruto's clan was also fallen, just like his.

"Very well... PEOPLE OF THE LAND OF WAVES," Tazuna addressed the crowd nearby, "THIS BRIDGE THAT HAS SAVED US FROM GATO'S REIGN OF TERROR SHALL HErEBY BE KNOWN AS THE UZUMAKI BRIDGE, A TRIBUT TO THE CLAN OF OUR YOUNG SAVIOR!" Tazuna gently picked up Naruto and held him gently up like a baby lion about to be made king. He had bandages on his torso, so his jacket was still open. He was a little tired, but his eyes shone with happiness as the crowd cheered for him.

"NARUTO UZUMAKI, OUR SAVIOR!"