Patience

All six of us arrived in school just in time for the bell to buzz. We didn't have time to grab stuff from our lockers so we all parted ways. I joined May and Roy's girlfriend as we headed to the same class. The girls kept on chatting as the thought of Roy winking at me was still stuck in my mind. I would have shrugged it but considering that I was with him at some point last Saturday, something might be up. I may have to ask him later on, just the two of us. I'm sure it's no big deal.

We got into our class and decided to sit right next to each other. Our teacher hadn't arrived yet and it's already ten minutes and we were like sitting ducks here. I got that jittery feeling in my stomach again at the thought of that smirk. God that was irresistible. Wait, what? There's no way I am attracted to that fucker. I rolled my eyes and rested my head over my crossed arms on my desk.

"Is something wrong, honey?" Grace, Roy's girlfriend asked, curiously. She seemed really sweet and beautiful, if I'm being honest. I can't exactly remember seeing her with May all the time but hey, I prefer not to be nosy over anything. 

"Y-yeah, just tired." Lies. I think you're boyfriend is messing up with my head. I mentally slapped myself before I could blurt at my thoughts out loud. God, she was just probably comforting me for all I care. May's facial expression just showed annoyance. "For all I know you've been beat by Connor last night. So how was it?" She snarked, slyly smiling as she faced me.

This time, I could feel my face heat up in embarrassment as both girls giggled. "May, you prick! I would totally hit you for real if you do that one more time." I smacked her arm and she yelped loud enough for everyone in the classroom to hear. All three of us lowered our heads in shame. She kicked my leg and I fought back. I glared at her and she turned her face towards Grace. "Bitch, I won't let this pass." I remarked. "Oh I know you won't bitch." She countered.

Before we could let our laughter escape, our teacher finally arrived. She passed me a note, "Meet up at the round tables at the usual place. Lunch. :)" I turned to her and nodded.

Classes dragged like hell in the morning, I wasn't really thrilled all the time. I was bored the whole time, thinking of what Connor could be doing at this time. We didn't have same classes in the early half of the day, which was nice so I could spend time in my own little circle. We would sneak on texting each other though, he was the first to initiate. I told him not to but he insisted so it became a bad habit of ours.

I left my toolkit in my locker from my electronics class and decided to head to our meeting place. I only brought my small bag for mine and Connor's. For the most part, I can tell that my parents knew that we're actually dating but just ignore it. The fact that Connor comes in the weirdest of times made their eyebrows twitch. They actually saw us holding hands one time while we were at the mall just casually ignoring everyone. They didn't say anything at all, and neither of us let go of each other's hands. I remember my dad saying when I was still on my freshmen year, that if I were to be in a relationship, he and mum will be happy. I don't know what they actually meant that time, but I guess I know now. Halfway through the hall I felt someone's arm on my shoulder. Roy was standing right next to me as I stopped walking and gasped in shock. "Jeez, don't scare me like that!"

"Hey there cute boy." He beamed a childish smile at me. It was both irritating and cute. "A. Don't call me cute boy and B. I have a name." I took his arm off me and continued walking. "Oh right, it was Danny or David-"

"Dale, you dimwit. God you are bad at remembering someone's name." I shrugged and tried to ignore him. He grabbed my free arm, that made me turn around and swayed it away from him. "Look um Dale, I apologize for what I did." He didn't even looked at me straight to my eye as he apologized.

"Wait, what?" Anxiously asked the person apologizing. He let out a deep breath then, with determination walked up ahead of me. "Are you just going to stand there? May and the others are waiting already. She doesn't usually ask me to hang out but my girl's with her. I would assume your boy is with them now." He turned around with his arms behind his head. I nodded and followed him from behind.

Seriously though. I... Shooketh.