Mistakes

Connor and I arrived at school not long after leaving my house. The sun was just barely showing above the horizon, which made me realize that winter will be here soon. "I hate winter." I grumbled, crossing my arms. We sat in his car, waiting for the school to get populated.

"It's not that bad, plus we're going to have our formal around that time." He said. The thought of me and him at the formal, inexplainable. We had talked about that for a long time now and I may have told him that I don't want to attend the said event. "I don't like social events like those. I'd rather stay at home." I retorted.

He reached my hand, as he rubbed the back part. "It's going to be alright. We'll just stay somewhere quiet. I mean just to experience it. Then we can leave and head off somewhere." His words came out of his mouth almost comforted me. "Guess you're right. It's not that often that I go out. with a lot of people."

"What do you mean?  We met at a concert last year." He said, almost mocking me at how we met. "You were really wasted that night, but had the balls to come up to me and made out with me." His smirk could always melt me in an instant.

"It was a risk that I had to take. I've known for a long time that I like you and we've been good friends. You totally surprised me when you said you liked me back. I thought back then you were just joking since I was drunk." I slouched, pouting my lips. "Meanie." I said as I poked my tongue out.

"Oh don't get me wrong Dale. I thought you liked someone else that time, but also I wasn't so sure if you're into guys. Heck, I thought you were all straight since you hang out with May so much." He giggled. "Wow, this is a first in a while that I saw you giggle." I glared at him, my eyes wide open. 

He paused, then reached over to me. His face was slowly closing the distance, then I closed my eyes as I readied myself for a kiss. I parted my lips, but a sudden knock on the window destroyed the moment. "Yo! Get your asses out here and stop making out so early in the morning." Roy screamed. Fucking fucktard! Mentally noting that I'm going to hate Roy for this.

I bit my lips and bowed down in defeat. Connor let out a small chuckle and hugged me instead. I pecked his cheeks in return and we both got out of his car. May, Justin and Grace followed Roy from behind. "Did I ruin your moment there lovebirds?" He said with an obvious smirk. Grace hugged him from behind, then kissed his neck. I rolled my eyes, then clung onto Connor.

"Yeah fucker, way to ruin our wee date. Jeez, can a couple get some sort of privacy here." I huffed, frowning. I kissed Connor's neck, sucking his skin. This time, I glanced up at Roy who gave me a mean look. I smiled slyly, as I pulled away from Connor's neck.

"Woah woah, we're not here to have a makeout session. We're here to STUDY." May interrupted. She held hands with Justin and she stood right next to me. I broke away from Connor and hugged May. "You're my only boy bitch, Dale." She said proudly.

"I thought you said I'm Connor's right hand?" I winked at Connor as his face slowly turned red. Roy frowned at us. "Can we just please stop this? It's way too early in the morning with your sexual innuendos." He turned around and walked with Grace to their lockers. I held Connor's hand as we made our way to ours.

"So we'll just meet up at lunch later?" I asked. Everyone turned around and nodded. "Whatever." Roy said, almost whining. Okay he is definitely jealous. I can't wait for lunch to be honest.

---

Connor sent me a text that he'll just meet me up at our table, when I told him I was running a bit late since I failed miserably on our Chemistry experiment. I quickly dropped off my books inside my locker and headed to the cafeteria, when I was suddenly grabbed by my blazer and was pulled inside the boy's bathroom. "You thought I'm gonna let go of what you did earlier this morning." Roy seductively whispered on my right ear.

"Of course you won't. Bet you were super jealous on how I left a mark on Connor's neck." I smiled at him. He pushed me against the wall inside one of the empty stalls. Our lips had crashed on each other as we kissed longingly for each other.

"I missed you Dale Hart." He whispered in between kisses. "I missed you too Roy Lance." He trailed kisses on my neck, as I let a moan escape from my mouth. "I'm sure Connor won't mind if I leave my mark on you."

Realization hit me as he started sucking gently my collar bone. "Roy stop that! You're leaving a very obvious hickey!" I pushed him off me as he hit the door hard. He only smirked at me as he left me on my own. "Don't worry, I made sure it's not too deep." I heard the door of the bathroom opened and closed in mere seconds. I tried to fix myself and assessed at the damage.

I sighed, trying to recompose myself. At least, it's not as pink as I thought. I fixed the collar of my shirt, not letting be obvious to anyone. I went out of the bathroom and rushed towards the cafeteria.

"Dale! I thought you're not coming at all." Connor called me out from as distance. I sat down right next to him and kiss his cheek. "Sorry, I messed up my Chem report. Also feed me!" I opened my mouth, stuffing it with a granola bar.

"So are we hanging out after school?" Roy asked the whole group. "Me and Justin are free so we can go wherever." May responded first.

"I don't think me and Dale can go. We have 'other plans'." Connor then said after May. After that, the whole table got silent as we finished our food. 

We went on our separate ways as I felt my phone vibrate.

You still haven't responded to me.

I read Roy's text. Shoot, I completely forgot.

I sent my reply to his text.

Well Connor kinda said earlier that we are going on a date. So there's your answer.

I then trembled nervously, feeling like someone was watching me from my back. I made my way to my next class as fast as I could, then read Roy's reply.

Huh, okay. Well have fun. 

Why is he so butthurt?