Drinks and Smokes

I hurriedly dressed up because my lazy ass woke up late after finishing my project. Completely lost track of time last night. I ended up sleeping on my desk with my computer turned on. Of course mum was furious for not sleeping early, add to the fact that she hates any of us to be late on any appointment. 

"Mum, I'm not going to any special occasion. It's just a birthday party." As I fix my hair with some wax. It's not that I particularly hate my hair being messy, just want it to stay flat without wearing a cap. Mum rushed towards me and did my jacket.

"Make sure to be home by midnight. If you want to stay longer, call your dad so he knows when to pick you up. Understood?" 

"I'm not Cinderella, you know?" I jokingly said as I grinned to her, "Besides Keri is coming with me so we definitely have to go home early."

I ran to the garage and got inside the car, where Keri and dad were waiting for me. It was a quiet drive all the way to May's house. Keri was busy on her phone as well as I am. Connor must be asleep or hanging out with his teammates since he hasn't texted me for a while. I don't mind that at all. He needs to relax after a whole day of practice, he even sent me earlier a small bruise on his leg from God knows how he got it.

By the time we arrived to May's place, it was nearly 7pm. I forgot they leave across on the other side of town and the traffic was surprising on a Saturday night. I quickly hid the bottle of vodka that I brought, to Keri's delight. She'll definitely want to have some of this tonight. 

We were met by May's cousin Lila at the door, on which she introduced us to May's parents. She then showed us to the lounge where most of May's friends are. I can see some familiar faces but I don't really know them by name. To my surprise though when I was done scanning the whole room, I found someone that I can't seem to recall his name. He's got a messy wavy hair, red checkered flannel shirt and black tattered jeans. A girl was clinging on his arms and they continue to talk to each other, not bothered by the noise surrounding them. 

I saw May come out of her room, which was just the door next to the lounge. "What's up Dale! Glad you came here!" We hugged and she said hi to Keri, who was already talking to Lila. I totally forgot that they are really good friends in their school. Pretty sure she already told Lila about the vodka that I brought which made her excited. 

"After dinner, we can have that bottle that you brought. Roy also brought another bottle. Should be more than enough for tonight, right?" She smirked,yanking the bottle that I was hiding behind my back. "I'm really hoping you are not thirsty and chug the whole bottle to yourself." I replied back to her. She can definitely finish the whole bottle on her own. I heard rumors that she went to a bar one weekend and challenged a big ass jock to a drinking contest. I have no idea how she can handle this much alcohol. 

When we were done with dinner, we went to the back room where we are going to continue our own party. "I completely forgot, who's Roy? Is he your another boy? Ohhhh also I forgot to mention to you yesterday that he asked me to text you that he's pissed and was supposed to pick you up."

"Dummy, he's not one of my boys. He's my stupid brother. He was at the lounge with his probably new girlfriend. They seem kinda cute together. Hopefully it turns out well for him this time." She continued as we walked through the hallway. As soon as she opened the door, it was full of smoke and I can smell something funky inside. "Guys, who told you to start smoking here?"

"Fucking Roy told us to! So we went ahead and pulled the smoke alarm just outside. Should be algood, right?" One of the boys holding his cigarette yelled out. The room was big enough for 10 of us, but was cramped with all the bean bags and pillows on the floor. "Chase you better be careful not to burn anything or spill your drinks, or I'm going to have you kicked out here. Dale is pretty good at that."

"Ohhh is he your new boyfriend? What happened to you and Ed?" Another guy chimed in. He was obviously drunk as his eyes were already about to close. I looked in the corner and found Keri, Lila and another girl were already drinking. "Keri you better not get home wasted or I'm going to leave you here." I called out to her. She can take care of herself but I will be held responsible for what she's doing tonight. 

I told May that I need a breather and she led pointed me the back door, but not letting me leave without a shot of vodka, and a bottle of beer. I went out straight away and gasped for fresh air. It was too much for me, even for someone that doesn't have asthma. I don't smoke either. 

"Pretty rough inside, huh?" Shocked at the person standing by the door. He held his cigarette to me but I waved no. "Suit yourself." He added, as he continued to puff on his stick.

"Roy, by the way. What's your name?"

"Dale, nice to meet you and I'm sorry I did not text May yesterday. It's more on me being cautious." as I took a slowly drank on my beer.

"Yeah that's fine. Are you his new boy toy?"A shock to my pride. 

"Excuse me?"

"Or maybe not. Sorry." He apologized as he puffed once more.

"No offence but I have boyfriend. Also May was cheated on, I'm sure she told you that."

"She did and knowing Ed, he definitely did. I wanna punch him on his face." I can see the anger building up in his eyes.

"Hey babe, May is looking for you. She needs help with your speakers."

"I'll be right there shortly babe." He dropped his cigarette on the ground and stepped on it while finishing his bottle of beer. "I'll see you inside cute guy."

What the actual fuck?