Warmth and Passion

Sometimes, time passes by and we take things for granted. We get things that we want or we wished for and we never take care of them, never nourish them. Once we got a hold of what was the dearest for us, we feel comfortable, at ease. But that is always the mistake that we make. When you get used to something so easily, the cracks starts to show, making you malleable. Next thing you know, you're doing all the stupid and crazy shit and before you know it, you are already hurt.

Love is something that I never expected to come. If I missed out on that one night at the concert, I probably would have never met the person that I will be with right now and ready to put up with my mistakes. We fell in love, but I took him for granted, took advantage of his feelings. I became inconsiderate at one point.

If I just said no to that invitation, I would probably be more happier than I usually am. I may have never the person I would treat more or less equal to the person that I love and I would probably never made some mistakes along the way.

But where's the drama in that? All cheesy and no arguments. But damn, that was a close call. I could have ended it all with one simple cut and that was it. It was an easy escape, yet somehow I was compelled to be brought back to make things right.

I don't really make sense, yet I just wanted to say these... Or at least, let everyone hear that.

Connor and I laid back in the couch, sharing popcorn as we watched movies all night. Winter finally came and I can't really be bothered to spend some time outside since I hate being cold and I just hate winter. It feels all so gloomy and shit. 

I wiped some condensation off my glasses, as I started huffing my hair away from them. They are really annoying and I need a damn haircut soon.

"I've never seen you wear glasses at school, nor whenever I visit you here. This is pretty much the first time I've seen you with them." Connor whispered, still paying attention to the movie that was shown.

"Yeah I hated them, and most of the time I wear contacts. My vision isn't that bad that I can't read stuff without either of them, but it gives me headaches every now and then." I fixed my glasses back on position, as I rested my head on Connor's shoulder. His arms pulled me closer to him, as we shared our heat underneath the blanket.

"I think we should turn the heater on." He suggested, and slowly shifted to take the remote. I clung onto him and he gave me a mean look. "Don't move, I'm cold. But you're hotter..." What did I just say?!

He let a smirk form on his face, his dimples showing up. "I-I mean you are warmer. Yeah warmer." I nuzzled on his shirt, as I gripped on them. He returned to his original position, but this time he had both his arms around me. 

"So what are your plans when we go to Uni next year?" I asked. Thinking of Uni this early on is kinda exciting but scary at the same time. I knew he had plans to move to another city to take Engineering, since the local one doesn't offer as much. I, on the other hand, considered staying here for a while and take some online classes and tutorials besides going to Uni.

"Not sure but I think I might be staying here. I think I can find a course that I would be really happy about. When we went to the Uni Open Day earlier this year, I was able to read through all the papers that were offered. What about you?" He returned the question to me.

"I think I'm taking Information Tech. Seems right up my alley. But also thought about Marketing but I hate crunching on numbers only." I let my shoulders drop, still being indecisive. I still don't know what to take all this time. Maybe I should do a gap year and just take on some part-time jobs for a while.

"I know what you're thinking and please don't do that. I was considering that too but it may not be worth it." He read through my mind, making me raise an eyebrow.

He let's out a sigh, then snuggled on to me still with the blanket on top of us. "You could have just said stay here with me, and I definitely will." He winked at me.

"N-no don't do that! You have to think for your own future as well. I mean we can work with long distance, that's for sure. I promise, I won't be doing anything wrong." I said, totally shocked at his willingness to stay here. And truthfully, I just want him to stay. I'm not selfish, but I don't want Connor to leave me behind.

"Well too late for that. I've already applied for Uni here, just after you did. I just need a few more credits and I should be algood. You're going to help me right, Mr. Smarty Pants?" He said, jokingly, almost laughing.

"I'm not a smarty pants. I just study and never brag about my grades. Blame the teachers for having a diligent student." Ah yes, the irony. 

"Silly you, that's why I like you. No scratch that." He pushed me down as I laid back on the couch. His face were directly on top of mine. His eyes met mine, his lips almost my lips' reach. 

"Dale, I know I've said this a lot of times and I still want to say this to you now: I love you more than you'll ever know and I will never ever leave you." He leaned down to me and planted a kiss on my lips.

I smiled at his words, knowing that he will never leave me. "I know you won't, I just don't want to make you think that I'm selfish." I turned my head away from him.

"It's called compromise, and I wanted this." He moved my head by my chin as we faced each other once more. Right now, my arms tangled around his neck, pulling him down to me.

"I promise, I'll make it worth your time Connor. I promise that you won't regret your decision." I whispered on his ear, as I let a breath out through his neck, blowing on his skin making him squirm.

"I love you Dale Hart. You are all the worth in the world."

"I love you too, Connor Ward. I will stay by your side. Forever and Always."

I can never ask for more. I have my family, my friends and most importantly, my happiness, Connor.

That one night at the concert made my whole life so much better, so full of love.