Unexpected

When I arrived home, my Mum was already sitting on the couch watching on the tele some random series. "Hey Dale, you're home already?" She asked, worried. I don't particularly skip school unless it was necessary but this is the one time that I can't really tell my parents about what happened, since they don't know about me and Connor yet. Well at least that's what I thought.

"Hi Mum, yeah I'm not really feeling well today. I forgot to tell you on my way home, sorry." I apologized to her, as I took my shoes off and dropped my blazer on the couch. She came up to me and touched my forehead. "Well you don't look like you have fever or anything." She looked concerned towards me. I hugged her tightly and she did the same. "Mum, you'll love me no matter what I do right?"

"Of course I do Dale, so will your father. We love you and Keri, and you guys always make us proud of you!" Mum exclaimed, that somehow made me comfortable of what I'm about to tell them tonight. I let go of her and went to the kitchen. "What are we having for dinner tonight?" I asked.

"I haven't planned anything yet, why'd you ask?" She sat down the dinner table as I searched through our fridge. "I was craving for some pesto pasta tonight. Keri will just give me shit though if I cook it myself." I shrugged. Yeah my sister cooked better than I do, but we take turns sometimes on cooking our meals whenever we can. She just throws so much shade on me and I hate it. Also she knew about me and Connor so coming out to her wasn't that hard. She didn't really care as long as we both don't get in trouble.

"I can cook for tonight, don't worry hun. Why don't you go to your room and have some rest? I'll wake you up later on when we're ready for dinner." She suggested. I nodded, picking up my backpack and went to my room with a bowl of cereal. I set my backpack beside my desk and changed my clothes to something comfortable.

Once done, I sat on my bed with my food and munched on it like popcorn. I didn't put any milk on this since my stomach would get upset if I did. Something that Connor would always remind me whenever we buy ice cream. He would push me to get sorbet instead, but I wouldn't have it his way. I just regret it afterwards.

Speaking of Connor, my phone had been buzzing for a while now as I stared on the ceiling and eating my cereal. I mentally noted to myself earlier that I should text him before he gets worried. I picked up my phone an answered the call. "Hi Dale."

"Roy? What the fuck? How did you even get my number?" I said, full of anger. "I was wondering when you'd call but I can't wait so I asked May for your number." He responded. I can tell from the tone of his voice that he was still on to me.

"Look asshole, I'm in a relationship right now and so do you. Please stop this." I heard a small huff over the phone. As if he could tell that I was about to drop the phone call, he yelled. "Wait, don't hang up yet. Look, I'm sorry for what I did earlier. I didn't mean to scare you like that."

"Maybe next time, you should start off with something friendly. Goodbye fucker."

"Dale, wait. I can make it up to you. Wanna hang out? You know, just the two of us?" He offered. I know this is a bad idea, but maybe he is really sorry for what he did. Then again, this is like playing with fire on my hands.

"Sure Roy, why not?" I hesitated to reply back. "Great! How about tomorrow after school? Grace will have volleyball practice and assume Connor will have football practice as well."

My eyebrows raised a bit, I just need to watch this out though. "Ugh whatever, guess that works."

"Awesome, I'll see you tomorrow at school!" He hanged up.

Shortly after placing my phone on my side table, it started to ring again. I checked the ID of the caller before answering. I don't want to talk to Roy until tomorrow. "Hey Connor..." I said, softly. Gah, I hate not being with Connor right now.

"Hi Dale, what's wrong? I thought we were meeting up by your locker after lunch? Did something happen?" He sounded upset. I don't like making Connor super stressed out with me, I am already a bit too much to handle and with Connor constantly worrying about it, I hate it. But he kept on telling me that it's alright, since he loves me no matter what.

"I wasn't feeling great after lunch, so I went home. Sorry I didn't tell you straightaway. I got... distracted." I lied, sort of. My stomach tied and twisted. I can already see him with a sad expression. "Hey Connor don't be sad. If you do, you just make yourself irresistible for me to kiss you."

"If that makes you happy, then I'll try to be more than irresistible. I won't make you get over me." He remarked, which made me smile a bit.

We stayed silent for a while over the phone. "By the way, I'm going to tell my parents tonight."

"Tell your parents about us? Are you sure Dale?" The tone of his voice sounded troubled. He knew that my parents don't mind same-sex relationship but they tend to ignore things as such which worried me because I don't know what to expect from them.

"Yeah, I'm sure Connor. We've been together and I think it's about time for my folks to know. Yours knew straightaway and that was a surprise." I recalled that memory of us and his parents eating dinner and Connor just suddenly exclaimed that we are dating. Both his parents just looked at each other and said okay, casually. They weren't mad at him, and his parents told him as long as he is happy, they both will. I wish it'll be the same for me later on.

"Do you want me to come over? I don't mind being there so I can prove to your parents-"

"I'll be alright, Keri will be there anyways. I'll call you if anything happens, okay?" I reassured him, confidently.

"Alright Dale, please call me after you tell them. I don't want them to do anything stupid to you."

"I'm planning to do it at dinner. Considering we eat early, we'll have plenty of time to catch up if anything bad happens. Or good, which I prefer."

"I love you Dale, I guess I'll see you soon?"

"Yeah, I'll see you soon Connor. I love you."

I hope everything turns out better than I expect it to be.