Witness

"That bitch!" May huffed, crossing her arms around her body. Her eyes filled with rage after she saw her former friend earlier at lunch.

"She had every guts to ask your Connor out on our formal! I would have skinned her alive if you just said the word, Dale." She was pacing back and forth as we ate our ice cream.

I was too focused on my food to pay attention to what she was saying until I got a quick slap on my head. "Are you even listening Dale? Jeez, it's your relationship on the line."

I only blinked my eyes in confusion. She frustratingly let out a groan, rolling her eyes. "Why am I even talking to you?"

After lunch, well after I ran away like a dumb bitch, she found me in one of the classrooms, balling my eyes out. So she, Roy and Grace decided that we should skip school for the rest of the afternoon. Justin offered to stay so he can keep an eye on Connor. They hang out a lot anyways. And I trusted Justin enough to help me get back with Connor.

"He uhm.. Maybe.." What Dale? 

"Hey, I got us some pizza. Thought you might wanna munch on something while you guys think of something." Roy returned with a box of pizza. May opened it wildly and grabbed a slice.

"He better not fuck you up Dale." said May, before she took a big bite off her slice. 

"He has every right to, I did something bad..." My words faded into thin air. Roy dropped his bad boy stance as he slowly shrunk into himself.

May sat next to me, placing an arm to my shoulders. "Look if he really loves you, then he should at least listen to you. He should give you a chance to talk. Damn it's been like a whole week or so since you guys sat down together. Lunch doesn't count though."

"Mind if I say something?" Roy interrupted, us three turned our attention to him. He began to fidget his fingers, thinking that the words that might come out of his mouth might hurt Grace.

"First of all, Grace I'm really sorry for what I did. I know we talked about this and you said that you aren't mad at all, but you should be mad at me. Yet here you are right next to me, loving me unconditionally and I appreciate that because I love you too." He then kissed Grace on her lips.

"Secondly, I know I have been stupid May and I know you've warned me already. I should have listened from the very beginning. I took your words for granted and ignored basically all of them. And now I caused someone their relationship. Which leads to Dale."

"Dale, from the moment I finally knew your name that night you got me hooked up. Somehow I got my hopes high. But fact of the matter is, and the reality is that, you are in love already. That's why I had moved on. Or at least I tried to..."

Grace's arms wound tight around Roy's body, tears fell from his eyes. "If I didn't make a move on you when you just wanted to be friend's with me, you would not be in this position."

I wasn't sure if I should come close to comfort Roy for what he said or should I get absolutely mad at him. "Roy it's not your fault. I should have known better not to--- ah fuck it. I don't want to cry. I forgive you Roy. At least you and Grace sorted it out. Also Grace, I know you can't really forgive me and I get that. "

"I just have to find a way to get back with Connor. Maybe..."

"Hey guys!" Justin showed up, screaming from across the block. He had Connor walking behind him. Both guys took their time crossing the quiet street. They just casually strolled and talked as the got close.

My eyes met with Connor, causing him to smile lightly. "Hey Dale."

"Uhm h-hi." Ughh here we go again with the stuttering. And here I thought I would have it fixed by now.

"So I dragged Connor our of school and practice today. You're welcome Dale." Justin proudly said as he headlocked Connor in his arms.

"Quit it asshole." He pushed Justin's arms off him. Justin sat right next to May, kissing her cheek.

"So you got Connor to skip today, huh? Wow I am surprised on what you can do everyday." She clung onto Justin's arms.

"We were both bored at school anyways. Plus Jen was pretty much stalking us. I had to tell her to fuck off. She's a tough bitch to handle, if you ask me." Justin let out a sigh, before stealing May's drink. She groaned, but shrugged it off.

"That's why I'm never gonna be friends with her again." She took her drink from Justin and took a sip from it. 

I giggled just looking at those two. They seem carefree and they understood each other. I really hope that this works for May this time.

I didn't even notice that Connor sat right next to me, until I felt his arm brushed against mine, sending jolts to my body. I winced in slight pain.

"I'm sorry Dale." Connor apologized, moving his arms away from me and back to his lap. I tried to reach for his hand and say it's alright, but I hesitate, unsure if that would be the best choice.

"L-look C-Connor, I'm... I'm so s-sorry about what happened earlier." If I fucking stutter one more time... But I think I was just scared of talking to Connor. After all, I hurt him.

"I should be the one apologizing Dale. I should have at least listened to you and we should have talked about this." Connor scratched the back of his head.

This time, May, Justin, Roy and Grace stepped away, leaving me and Connor behind. "Uhm, we're just going to head off to the mall. See you later lovebirds." They waved at us before running as fast as they could.

I moved slightly away from Connor but he got me by my hand. "Dale, please stay."

"Connor, I have to admit; I did something bad and it didn't feel good. I cheated on you. But if I have to be honest, I will always love you. My feelings for you were never lost. I will do anything to make you stay. I know I'm being selfish right now but I ask you... Please don't leave me." I feel like those words just came out of my mouth out of nowhere. I didn't even think about them, because those words are true. 

For a moment, Connor had this look on his face that he was thinking. But then a smile formed on his lips. I blinked a few times and that smile turned into a smirk.

"Who says I'm leaving you? Dale, I know sometimes you let your feelings out first before you recognize what you're doing. You've always been honest with your feelings and I like that part of you."

"Honestly, I was also hurt that you did that to me. I asked myself this entire time if I had done something wrong or where did I lack in loving you. I had all these irrational thoughts in my head that you don't love me at all and you were not contented with just being me, to name a few."

Connor scooted closer to me. My body might as well limp on him right now. I felt so weak, from his words and confession. I felt so little, pitiful. His grip on the though, strong and sure, empowering, encouraging.

"Dale... I can't really say I would forgive you now." Those words stung a little. "But I think we can start fresh." This time his hands held mine.

I have seen love sprung everywhere. 

"Thank you, Connor."

He closed the gap between us, inched his face forward reaching mine, his lips grazed on mine.

"I love you so much Connor." I whispered.