Perfection

I later decided to bake a cheesecake when I got bored in my room. I could have distracted myself with music or playing video games but I wasn't in the mood to do either The silence and loneliness in my room was more than enough cure for me today.

Everyone in the house would know if I am distracted or if something happened if I bake a cheesecake. It's more like a signal for them that I'm upset or worried. This was my way of escaping those feelings that weighs down on me. I feel like I could drown when I'm upset and my parents are concerned about it. That's why when I bake my favourite comfort food, they just let me be.

By the time my cake was done, Mum had been starting to get dinner ready. It was only after five in the afternoon but she prepared our meal for tonight. The fact that we eat dinner early is so nice since we can still have time to do something else later in the night like watch tele together before going to bed. Usually Dad is home around this time with Keri after her netball practice. 

I went back up to my room as I put my cake in the fridge to cool down. I sent a text message to Connor that I made cheesecake and will bring him some to school tomorrow. He said that he'll stop by tonight instead after he's done with their group project at Justin's place. Maybe that's his way on checking up on me and see how it does. I didn't argue that much, since I want him to come over as well, without tell him. I think like sometimes we know what each other thinks and we just finish off each other's thoughts.

Sitting down in front of my desk, I checked my Facebook to see who updated what. There I scrolled on some random news bits like how some Jen, one of the popular girls in school, is dating another guy. She used to be May's best friend but after she slept with May's ex-boyfriend, Zeke, they were never in good terms. 

Speaking of which, Zeke posted  photo of his new paintings. I've always enjoyed the guy's talent on drawing and painting sceneries. He liked using cooler and darker colours to set down a mood. He's not emo or anything like that, just his preference I guess. We used to hang out together as well but like I said earlier, he cheated on May. I tried not to talk to him that much in school whenever May's around.

I kept on scrolling down my news feed, until Mum called me down to get ready for dinner. I shut my laptop off and went downstairs to join my family. My dad had just arrived a few minutes earlier with Keri and both are already sitting at the dinner table. I joined them and grabbed myself some food.

"So how was school today, Dale? I heard from Mum that you skipped earlier." My dad asked. He wasn't always against me skipping classes as long as I maintain good grades, which I do. "It was alright, just not feeling Monday." I twisted my fork on my plate, waiting for the perfect time to tell them about me and Connor.

"That's the usual I guess. By the way, is Connor stopping by today? His dad asked me if he could borrow some of my engineering books and was quite happy to let him." I totally spaced out of my thoughts and didn't bother answering my dad. I am just worried about what will happen once I tell them the truth.

"He uhm, might be stopping by. I told him that I baked cheesecake. You know he likes them so much." I whispered. I avoided my parents gaze, while Keri kept on eating in silence.

"Is it the cheesecake that he likes or you?" I turned to face my family as I felt my face heat up. Keri looked suspicious as well to Dad and Mum. Mum had that 'Eureka moment' on her face while Dad nearly choked on his food, trying not to laugh.

"Guys! I-it's not what you think!" I stammered. "It's alright son, we kinda guessed for a long time now. Even earlier this morning, you were trying to hide that hickey and thought we won't notice it." Dad pat my shoulder. "So tell me, are you and Connor in relationship?"

I bit my lip, shying away from their gaze. Keri was giggling softly, as if not throwing the obvious. Mum stood up and went around to hug me. "It's okay honey. You love someone and that's all that matters. We approve of whom you choose to love and it's not up to us to stop you."

Just when I was about to speak, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" Keri stood up and ran to the front door. She came back moments later with a surprise. "Oh hey Connor, we were just having dinner. Would you like to join us?" My dad welcomed him.

"Uhm no sir thank you, I was just here to pick up the books my dad asked from you." He said calmly, I still haven't made contact with his eyes. I am still embarrassed that my parents knew without even me telling them.

"Right gotcha. I thought you were here to pick up Dale for a date." My dad said as he winked towards us. "I'll grab those books and be right back." He went upstairs to his office. "So uhm..."

"Connor dear, we already knew that you are dating Dale. Please take care of him, for us?" Mum asked Connor. "Sure, Mrs. Hart. I love Dale, with all my heart." Connor grabbed my hand and squeezed it gently. His warm hand on my cold one, I like this. I stood up and kissed him on his lips deeply.

"Here they are Connor, the- holy shit!" My Dad walked up on us, shocked at the scene he just saw., clearing his throat. "Anyways, just make sure to use protection if you guys decide to have sex and please keep it down-"

"Dad, none of us are getting pregnant! We uhm..." I paused at the thought, Connor, Keri and Mum laughed. Connor held my head by my chin and pulled my face up to his as we share another kiss. "I love you Dale Hart."

"I love you too, Connor Ward."

Dad cleared his throat again. "Why don't we finish dinner first before you two make love in front of us. Connor take a seat next to Dale." He nodded and sat down.

I can't possibly think of anything else perfect than this moment.