1

Kim Yoohyeon's Perspective:

Yay!!! I got in! I'm one step closer to my dream! What dream? I want to become a biologist. It's always fascinated me, and I find biology easy, or at least it seemed that way in school. My name is Kim Yoohyeon, and as you might have guessed, I'll be studying at the biology faculty. I want to become a respected biologist or maybe even a teacher at a school, even if the students don't care about my subject or my aspirations.

The first year is probably the most challenging, or maybe it just feels that way every semester. But the first year is when you have to make a name for yourself. It's not as easy as it was in school, where the teachers spoon-fed us the material. Here, you have to take charge and if you can't handle it, you shouldn't be taking someone else's place. Luckily, I'm used to being among the best in school: the best athletes, the best students... It wasn't difficult to make friends with my classmates. Of course, there were some unpleasant ones, but you don't have to be friends with everyone. I was glad that our group was full of interesting and kind people, including some nice boys. Overall, I did well in my first year, to be precise, I finished with "excellent" grades. It made me happy, and my parents too, but I know that the expectations for excellent students are higher, so I can't afford to relax.

The third semester has begun, the second year of my studies. Some of the subjects have changed, or rather, they've become more advanced, but many of the teachers are still the same. However, not all of them. And that's where this story begins.

The week of classes flew by unnoticed. We only had lectures, which pleased the students. We got together a couple of times outside of class, and I couldn't help but notice Woodz's attitude towards me. On Sunday evening, I received an unexpected text message. It was from Woodz. How strange.

"Yoohyeon, hi. I've been wanting to ask you for a long time, but I didn't have the courage to do it in person. I really like you. You're beautiful, smart, and being with you is incredibly interesting. I don't know how you feel about me, but I would really like to go on a date with you. What do you say? I've wanted to say this since our first year."

What should I answer? I don't have any romantic feelings for him, but I'm tired of being alone, and he's a good guy. How foolish of me, to step into the same trap again, just like in school: "I don't like him, but why not give it a try." Okay, let's reply like this:

"Woodz, you're a really great guy. I don't know what to say. We can give it a try, but I don't want to lose our friendship if it doesn't work out."

"I'm incredibly happy! I really want to give it a try. I really like you!"

That was the response I received, although I expected something different. Tomorrow is Monday, and perhaps it's time to sleep. Tomorrow we'll have a new teacher for biochemistry, and that won't be easy.

I woke up, had a cup of tea, and left the house. It's cold and lonely outside.

I arrived at the university on time and made my way to the third-floor classroom for biochemistry. There was a sense of excitement in the air as we didn't know who our new teacher would be. As I settled into my seat, Woodz sat down next to me.

"Yoohyeon, hello! I'm really glad to see you," Woodz said, his voice filled with hope. "Maybe we could go to the cinema?"

I felt a hint of fear in my voice as I responded, "Um, Woodz, to the cinema? What movie?"

I was unsure of his intentions. I didn't want to get involved in a romantic situation I wasn't ready for.

"On whatever you want. I just really want to talk to you outside of the university," he drawled.