7

I woke up on Sunday around eleven or twelve o'clock, barely opening my eyes, and went through my usual morning routine. However, despite all the windows being closed, I couldn't stop shivering. Yes, considering yesterday's rain and not changing out of my wet clothes before falling asleep, it wouldn't be surprising if I caught a cold. But I was really hoping to escape from the clutches of infections, viruses, and other such nonsense. It had been a while since I last fell ill.

I had no appetite for breakfast at all. I poured myself a cup of hot coffee and wrapped myself in a blanket, hoping it would warm me up and give me some energy. I had planned to read the book that Miss Minji gave me a couple of days ago, but even the simplest material was difficult to absorb. Half an hour later, my phone distracted me from my attempts at reading.

Just as I was about to close my eyes and try to sleep, the phone rang again. Without looking at the screen, hoping to hear Siyeon's voice, I answered in a less-than-enthusiastic tone:

"Yes, I'm listening."

"Kim Yoohyeon, good afternoon. Don't think you can rest and avoid participating in the competition. I warned you," she said cheerfully but with a hint of sternness in her voice.

"Miss Minji? Yes, of course. What competition are you talking about?"

My response lacked any enthusiasm or interest, which didn't go unnoticed by the perceptive ears of my teacher.

"I'm not going to force you, but I thought it might be useful and interesting for you," she replied, sounding a bit stricter.

As I sneezed a couple of times, trying to remain inconspicuous, I attempted to argue:

"No, you're right. I am interested. What kind of competition is it?"

"Kim Yoohyeon, let's be honest. After I dropped you off yesterday, did you go anywhere? If you tell me now that you're sick, I'll punish you as promised. You must attend my classes!"

"Yes, I'll come to class. I just caught a slight cold," I replied, trying to sound confident despite my trembling voice. Although, if I'm being honest, I never feel confident around her.

"Do you have any medication at home?"

"I'm going to the pharmacy now," I lied, clutching the blanket tighter around myself.

"You're quite the storyteller. Stay at home! I'll come over, and while I'm there, I'll tell you about the competition."

With that, she ended the phone call, not giving me a chance to object. Well, that's Miss Minji for you. Where does she get all that strength, confidence, and mischief from? But I can't breathe without her. In fact, I would even dream of seeing her, though right now I don't have the strength to dream about anything. Lost in these thoughts, I didn't even realize that I had fallen asleep until the doorbell woke me up. Wrapped in my blanket, I shuffled over to open the door.

I let her into the apartment and closed the door behind her. As I raised my eyes to meet hers, I couldn't help but think how beautiful she was. There was no other way to put it. She carefully examined me from head to toe, and a half-smile appeared on her lips, gradually turning into a grin.

"I see someone had quite the walk yesterday," she began with a smirk.

"Yes, the rain ruined everything yesterday, and..."

But I wasn't given a chance to finish:

"Okay, have you checked your fever?"

"Why?"

I was genuinely surprised.

"Kim Yoohyeon, are you serious right now?"

Minji asked, equally surprised, as she walked into the room. And then she continued: