29

Sitting near the window, I looked at Minji, sensing her sadness about leaving Seoul. For her, Seoul was more than just a city—it was a significant part of her life. Without hesitation, I pulled her closer to me, embracing her.

"Everything will be alright, Yooh. Everything will be alright," she whispered softly.

I didn't have an answer for her. What could I possibly say to this usually confident woman who was now on the verge of tears, resembling a vulnerable child? I understood her emotions.

Just then, a heavy bag dropped in front of us, grabbing our attention. We turned to see who the owner of the luggage was, finding some relief in the distraction. Two girls sat opposite us, looking uncertainly in our direction, as if trying to figure out how to behave around us.

Pulling away slightly, Minji greeted them confidently yet friendly, saying, "Hello."

"Hello," one of the girls replied.

Both girls appeared to be around twenty years old, give or take. They were approximately the same height, with one having blonde hair and the other sporting bright red hair, which immediately caught the eye. It was the red-haired girl who responded to Minji's greeting, while the blonde seemed a bit more reserved.

"I definitely prefer these neighbors," Minji whispered, smiling at me.

"I'm not going to argue with that," I replied, smiling back.

The girls engaged in their own conversation, occasionally glancing at their phones. It was a reminder of how we, the modern generation, often rely on technology. I used to dedicate a significant part of my life to the internet as well, but now I find that I have little time for it. My thoughts are occupied by a single person—my woman.

As the train began moving, I felt myself relax. It meant that our journey back would be in a more pleasant atmosphere. Minji looked out the window, as if silently longing to extend her stay in the city of her students. I, too, turned my gaze outside, observing as the train gained speed, carrying us closer to home and bidding farewell to our trip. It meant our well-deserved rest was coming to an end. This city allowed us to truly discover ourselves, to deepen our connection, and to feel a sense of unity.

The girls sitting across from us continued their conversation, occasionally texting on their phones. Yes, that's who we are—the modern generation. I noticed Minji discreetly watching them, and the red-haired girl caught her attention.

"You seem familiar to me," Minji confessed.

At that moment, I glanced at Minji and the girl. The blonde looked up from her phone, surprised, while the red-haired girl smiled contentedly.

"I recognized you immediately, Miss Minji," the girl said, extending her hand.

"It seems I was your teacher," Minji replied, reflecting on their encounter.

"Yes, you were our biology teacher. I studied psychology, but I doubt you would remember," the girl smiled, her expression warm. I found the scene intriguing. Minji appeared calm and just as surprised as me by this unexpected reunion. It seemed luck was on our side.

"You're right, I have a better memory for faces than names. I'm no longer a teacher in Seoul," Minji answered.

"We forgot to introduce ourselves. I'm Dahyun, and this is Gahyeon," the redhead girl said, extending her hand.

"Call me Minji." Minji shook Dahyun's hand and pulled me closer, introducing me by saying, "And this is Yoohyeon."

"You know, Minji," Dahyun focused on Minji's name, "I once dreamed of the day I could address you like this." She maintained her sweet smile, but it didn't instantly put a smile on my face. Was she flirting? Seriously, right in front of me?