13

Yoohyeon's POV:

Morning. Headache. But why do I remember everything? How ashamed I am in front of her. Well, I mustn't drink, I knew it.

But the stream of my thoughts was interrupted by a familiar voice:

"Puppy, no one canceled school. If you like to drink, be able to endure," she said, clearly mocking.

I feel ashamed. Where can I hide, if not under a blanket?

"Medicine and water are on the bedside table. If it's really bad, stay home. But you can't hide from the conversation," Minji said, sitting down next to me and removing the blanket from my face.

"I'm sorry for being seen like this again," I said, hiding my eyes.

"From now on, if you want to get drunk, let me know in advance," Minji raised her eyebrow and replied.

"We were just celebrating Siyeon's birthday, it somehow happened on its own," I made excuses.

"Okay, puppy. You stay at home today. I won't be long, I'll be back after the second lesson. You have two tasks: first, wait for me and get well, and second, get prepared. You will tell me yesterday's duty on 'metabolites' today," Minji said, grinning.

"Don't you think that my agenda for today is much more complicated than yours, Miss Minji?" I asked.

"By the way, yesterday you did a very good job switching to 'Minji'," Minji said, walking into the kitchen.

"I... I don't remember," I said with a frightened voice, following her.

"I won't be surprised. A message on a drunken head," she replied.

And now, answering your message, Yoohyeon, and many of the questions you don't dare to ask: I don't need someone cute and smart. If I were looking for someone, believe me, I could find someone nice and smart. The problem is that I wasn't looking for anyone, and I'm not looking for anyone. I just need you, with all your troubles, problems, and clumsiness. I just... If I demand something from you, it's only so that you become stronger, smarter in some aspects. Not for me, but for you. I might treat you stricter than others, but that's because I'm not indifferent to your fate. And despite some situations between us, that won't change," Minji's voice trembled a little, but her gaze conveyed that these were not empty words, that she wanted to say much more, but not now, not yet.

But I don't need more right now. Actions speak louder. I couldn't find anything better than walking up to her and hugging her. She stood with her back to me, and it seemed like her own words had frightened her. Was she afraid of my reaction? As I got closer, she turned around, sensing my presence. We locked eyes, feeling the tension between us. When will everything become easier? But do I even want simplicity? Without wasting a second, I pressed my body against hers, burying my nose in her shoulder. She stroked my back, not taking her eyes off the window, lost in her thoughts.

"Yoohyeon," she turned to me.

"I'm listening," I replied, eager to hear her words.

"You see..." she began quietly, "I'm confused. This is the first time this has happened to me, and I don't know what to think. I..." she paused for a moment.

"What?" I couldn't bear the suspense.

"I'm drawn to you," she finally uttered the words I longed to hear, "but at the same time, it scares me. It's the first time I've been in this situation. The fact that it's between a teacher and a student... You're also younger than me and a girl... I'm scared, Yooh. I've fought so much with my... feelings," her voice trembled noticeably, and I felt a sense of unease, "but I can't stop it. I think about you constantly. I miss you when you're not with me."