28(M)

As we nestled into each other's arms near the TV, I couldn't help but bring up the doubts I had at the train station.

"Minji, aren't you angry with me for my doubts earlier?" I asked, hoping for an honest response.

"Angry? Not at all, although I must admit, I was upset that you couldn't calm down, and your jealousy kept creeping in," Minji replied calmly.

"I just couldn't believe in my happiness for a long time, and I'm afraid of losing you," I confessed, kissing her hand.

"That's why I decided not to dwell on the situation," she said, redirecting the conversation.

"By the way, I was amazed at how quickly you handled the situation with Woodz," I admitted.

"Are you referring to something specific?" Minji asked, casually changing the TV channel.

"Well, let's just say, I don't remember the details, but your confidence left an impression on me," I replied.

"You just lack a bit of courage, and my position doesn't allow me to be too forward in front of students," she explained, patting my shoulder.

"With students, I see. Am I just a student to you?" I pouted my lips playfully, shifting the conversation.

"You? I was talking about Woodz. Although, in your presence, I will behave differently when necessary," Minji admitted seriously, studying my reaction closely.

"Are you talking about studying again?" I asked, slightly teasing.

"Yes, about the university. I hope you will take my criticism well during classes," she said.

"Maybe it won't come to criticism," I tried to steer the conversation back to a lighthearted tone.

"We'll see," Minji smiled.

"You know how to inspire hope in your students' abilities," I teased.

"My task is to teach, not to reassure," she replied, grinning.

"I just feel that you believe in me," I said, half-ironically.

"Baby, if it's not just a joke, then yes, I believe in you and your abilities. I just ask you not to lose sight of yourself in the university setting," Minji said with care, squeezing my shoulder in a supportive manner.

I smiled back at her, feeling completely at ease in her arms on the couch. It was calm and comfortable with her, something I had missed during my time on the road. However, our tranquility was interrupted by the sound of my phone, causing me to flinch.

"Do I no longer need to inform your parents about our departure?" I read the message from my mom. While she had a point in some ways, I still felt the need to defend my position. Unsure of whether to reply, Minji made the decision for me.

"At least reply that everything is fine. The last thing I want is for your parents to worry. I feel ashamed in front of them," she said firmly.

Her tone and voice made it clear that she wouldn't tolerate any objections. I complied and sent a reply message: "I am in Seoul. All is well."

"What are you ashamed of?" I asked, surprised by her reaction once the message was sent.

"I feel responsible for not insisting on speaking with your mother. Between the two of us, I am the adult and should bear that responsibility," she explained seriously.

"That's not true! We've talked about this before. My responsibility is no less," I replied, catching Minji's gaze. It hurt me that she took everything upon herself, treating me like an unreasonable child.