40 ( are you jealous M)

I started working at a bar during the summer.

Loud music was unpleasantly pounding in my ears, reverberating with bass somewhere in my throat. After drinking two glasses of whiskey to relax, my head began to ache and my eyes started to sting. The latter was probably also a result of lack of sleep. The spotlights, flashing in all shades of blue, made me want to hang myself right there. But the noisy crowd across from me weakened that desire. Instead, another desire emerged - the desire to kill. 

Everyone was jerking around in a strange way - although people call it dancing - pushing each other, shouting out the lyrics to familiar songs, and drinking as much alcohol as possible. I wouldn't say that I didn't welcome this kind of leisure, but right now I would prefer to be in my bed, preferably with Minji by my side.

- I see you don't like it here," said one of the co workers, who appeared out of nowhere and initially scared me because I didn't notice him at first. 

- It's not that I don't like it," I replied, even though I was in a bad mood, but I didn't want to ruin. - It's just that..."

- It's just not your thing," he summed up my words, not letting me continue. "I know you'd prefer cozy gatherings with a cup of tea, or, if things are really bad, with a tub of vanilla ice cream in your hands," a slight smile appears on his face, and warmth spreads inside me from the realization that I have such an understanding friend. "And with Minji in a hug, of course."

- Yes, that's true...

Turning sharply back, the following picture appears before my eyes: Minji, sitting at the bar and peacefully drinking a cocktail – pina colada, I was able to determine unmistakably – and a man, who was hanging around and nicely telling her about something. I was enveloped in irritation in the blink of an eye, which was actually a product of jealousy, but I did not want to admit it.  And I was jealous. It was unbearable to see how a man appeared in my place, what he was telling her now. I wanted to strangle this bartender with my own hands, just to stand in his place and prepare a cocktail for Minji. 

In a rush of feelings, I do not have time to notice how I approach the bar, finding myself near Minji. It seems that thirty seconds ago, when I was still near my co worker, he tried to calm me down, saying that he was just joking, but, as you can see, he did not succeed. I knew I was being stupid, but I couldn't help it. Minji immediately turned back, looking at me in surprise. The bewilderment on her face was not caused by the amount of alcohol she drank, but by my sudden appearance. I didn't look my best right now. Judging by the emotions that raged inside, it was amazing how an angry grin had not yet appeared on my face. The frowned eyebrows and the murderous look directed at  other staff, who had already managed to retreat in the opposite direction, is something that I could boast of now.

Noticing my gaze and where it was directed, she tried to divert all attention to herself. Getting up from behind the counter and approaching me, she put her hands on my neck, affectionately embracing me. Now our faces were quite close to each other.

- Listen, I've been thinking..." she began. 

- You had time to think? I thought you were completely engrossed in conversation with him," I interrupted. The raging emotions calmed down, returning me to my senses.

- Are you jealous?" Minji asks, taking advantage of the moment to run her hand through my hair, tousling it. She knows how much I've come to love that. "I didn't think I could evoke such feelings in you here," her calm smile, fingers barely grazing my scalp, and gentle gaze almost completely calm me down.With her help, I suddenly feel at home. All the noise, crowds, and chaos fade into the background. Thanks to her, I was able to feel peace and what I had been missing so much in the last few hours. That I wasn't alone.