20

Yoohyeon's POV

Morning came quickly. However, as always, when full sleep comes late, when you need to get up early, when the day promises to be difficult. With difficulty tearing my eyes away, I involuntarily broke into a smile at her message. Once I got up, I went to wash and drink coffee. I wasn't hungry at all. Nerves. I could feel my entire body tense.

My mother was in the kitchen, greeting me with the words, "Well? Are you ready for the exam?"

"Yesterday it seemed to me that I was, but I don't know anymore," I answered.

"Yoohyeon, if you put in enough effort, then everything will be fine. And if not, then it's only your fault," my mother replied calmly, sipping her coffee.

"You know, I put in a lot of effort," I said. It was unpleasant to hear such admonition from my parents, to be honest. But what did I expect? This was always the case in our family.

"Today we'll see. Are you coming home after?" my mother asked.

"I don't know. Most likely, I'll go to Siyeon," I answered. After this conversation, I didn't feel like rushing home.

I arrived at the university half an hour before the start of the exam. On the bus, I was able to put my thoughts in order by leafing through my notes.

There were still a few people in the class. Besides me, there was Woodz, who, for some reason, came among the first, and Sorn, who hid some papers in her boots. Why wasn't I cheating? I couldn't. I wanted to prove to Her and myself that I knew the material. I wanted to be sincere in front of her. Otherwise, I would be ashamed to even look Her in the eyes. In my opinion, conscience is an important component of any person, but unfortunately, not everyone understands this. But in fact, an exam is a test of people's conscience, a test of willpower, a test of meanness. Many reveal a completely different side of themselves when they are on the other side of the examination door.

After those half an hour, three more people entered the class, and the rest would come up a little later to avoid creating an unnecessary crowd. Woodz and Vernon were talking about something, laughing, apparently not worried about the result. But had it ever been otherwise? The rest of us were trying to extract an incredibly important phrase from the lectures and textbook, which would undoubtedly save us in the exam. No, of course, in this case, I was no exception. Involuntarily, everyone fell silent and listened when we heard the clatter of heels. Her heels. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who had learned to recognize that sound.

Minji. Miss Minji. With a confident gait, creating a unique sound with her heels, she walked towards us, towards the classroom. Besides her purse, she had a diary in her hands, the grade book that she apparently took from the dean's office, and an extract. Approaching closer, she said in a cheerful and confident voice, "Good morning, everyone," and then her gaze fell on me. God! I almost lost the ground under my feet. My legs involuntarily began to give way, and I almost groaned out loud. How I missed her gaze! Judging by her grin, she caught my reaction and was pleased.

"Come in," the woman said, opening the classroom. Apparently, she was in a good mood, and my task was at least not to ruin it for her.

Everyone went into the classroom, and I, as if knocked down, stood motionless. Minji looked at me and said, narrowing her eyes, "Kim Yoohyeon, should I invite you separately?"

"Why not," I replied, coming to my senses and entering.

"So, sit down across the desk. Phones in silent mode on my desk, bags and other things on the table," she instructed.

We followed her instructions. What else could the students do? They all sat down, but the first row was empty. Who would doubt that? Even I sat down in the second row, wanting to be less distracted and worried.