2

I went to bed surprisingly early, expecting to wake up easily and in a cheerful state. But to my dismay, things didn't go as planned. As I opened my eyes and turned off the alarm, I made my way to the shower, only to be greeted by a lack of hot water.

"What the heck! Where is the hot water?!" I exclaimed in frustration.

The morning didn't start off well. After quickly drying my hair with a hairdryer, I headed to the kitchen to make myself a hot cup of coffee. I hadn't been a coffee drinker before, as I found it bitter and unpleasant, but I realized its energizing effects, especially in the mornings.

During my commute on public transport, I often found myself observing people. Some were in a hurry, clearly running late for work, while others stood freezing at the bus stop, eagerly awaiting the arrival of their bus. Kids ran around their mothers, not giving them a moment's rest. Inside the bus, most people dozed off, occasionally glancing around, hoping not to miss their stop. A girl sitting across from me was engrossed in a novel, probably one of those stories that end with "and they lived happily ever after." And there it was, the prevailing trend of our time—everyone wearing headphones. I was no exception. However, unlike many others, I was aware of the harm it could cause to the body. As a biology student, I had learned about the potential negative effects. But did that knowledge stop me? Unfortunately, not.

Everything proceeded as usual at the university. The week went by steadily.

On weekends, my classmates tried to take a break from the daily grind of school, seeking relaxation and sleep. I used to be part of that group, but something had changed. Why did I still want to go to the university? Was it because of her? No, that couldn't be true! It was just a passing thought. My mind was playing tricks on me, right?

Over the weekend, Woodz tried to call me several times, but I chose to ignore his calls. Why should I talk to him? Moreover, he hadn't shown up at the university all week.

I couldn't help but wonder if she was married. Why did I even care? Who was I kidding? Yes, I couldn't deny the curiosity.

Monday was always a challenging day, but today it felt particularly difficult.

Throughout the first class, I could feel Woodz's eyes on me. However, I had no intention of reciprocating even with a glance. His actions had hurt me deeply. He had acted inappropriately, said hurtful words. Why should I continue to engage with him after all that? Besides, it seemed clear that he didn't want to be friends, and I had no intention of falling in love with him.

Siyeon was right; sometimes it's better to remove a person from your life immediately to avoid further damage to the relationship. As an introvert, I enjoyed talking to myself, although some may find it strange. I didn't need a crowd of fans or friends; a few close ones I could trust were enough for me. Woodz had started to earn my trust and had almost become a part of that circle of "relatives" that included Siyeon. But he had erased it all. I didn't love him, and I didn't want to deceive myself or give him false hope. Perhaps it would have been better to say "no" from the beginning, but back then, I didn't see any problem with friendship. Now, maybe it was time to put an end to it and move on. The decision had been made.

As the bell rang, I gathered my things and noticed Woodz standing in the corridor. I couldn't just pass by him.

"Yoohyeon, wait," he called out, approaching me.

"I wanted to apologize," he began.

I looked at him, and he didn't seem to be doing well.

"I'm truly sorry. I'm at fault here. Can we still communicate? Can we go somewhere you want?" he pleaded.