15(M)

Going down to the first floor, I saw that Minji was talking about something with Siyeon, while Bora was smoking outside. It seemed like they hadn't resolved something yet. I decided not to interfere with what could be an important conversation and went to join Bora.

"What's wrong?" I asked, nodding towards her cigarette.

"Nothing, just nonsense," Bora replied, gazing into the distance.

"If it's nonsense, then you shouldn't be smoking," I retorted calmly.

"Tell me, what's more important: societal prejudices, public opinion, or your own feelings?" Bora looked into my eyes and asked.

"She's just confused. Give her some time. You two love each other. How can anyone's opinion stand in the way of such strong feelings?" I responded, knowing what she was referring to.

"Yoohyeon, has it only been a short time? What is she afraid of? Why won't she talk? I can see everything," Bora continued, her expression filled with concern.

"She's just afraid of hurting you. Everything will be fine. Stop making it harder," I assured her.

"Yeah, you're right. I won't spoil the rest of the day. Let's go and make the girls happy," Bora said, trying to lighten the mood.

We quickly agreed on the items we needed, including cheesecakes, and hurried back to our house. Bora won the race to the entrance, as expected. But as we reached the door, Bora paused and said, "Wait for me, I want to smoke."

"Okay, but since when do you smoke?" I asked, surprised.

"Only when I feel bad or when I'm confused. Siyeon is against it, but she won't find out. Don't tell her, by the way," Bora replied, lighting her cigarette.

I stood there, contemplating how despair affects people. The usually lively and talkative Bora stood in silence, lost in her thoughts, while smoking. Siyeon was also confused and troubled by the situation. Why did they make things so complicated for themselves? After Bora finished smoking, we entered the house. The girls were still sitting in the kitchen, but now they were sipping coffee and engaging in sweet conversation. Upon seeing us, Siyeon smiled and invited us for tea, to which Bora responded without revealing the inner turmoil she was experiencing.

"We can go up the mountains if you want," I suggested.

"Oh, there's no shortage of desires," Minji teasingly stretched, teasing me and causing the girls to laugh.

"Alright, puppy, get dressed warmly," Minji said, taking my hand and leading me upstairs to the room.

"So, there's no shortage of desires?" I grinned, playfully repeating her words.

As soon as we entered the room, Minji pushed me against the door and whispered in my ear, "And do you smoke?"

She gazed at me intently, trying to capture my every move. I felt taken aback. Do I smoke? Why was she even thinking that?

"What? No, I don't," I responded, surprised.

"Yoohyeon, I'm serious. I'll ask again, do you smoke? You can't deceive my nose. Don't give me any fairy tales," Minji said confidently, her stern expression unwavering as she pressed me against the wall.

"I'm serious. I don't smoke, and I have no intention to start. Why are you even asking about this?" I said frustratedly, not understanding why she didn't believe me.

"Then why do you smell like smoke? Don't feed me lies," Minji said sternly, looking me in the eye and pressing me harder against the wall.

"I don't know," I apologized, feeling confused. But after a moment, it dawned on me. "Damn, I was with Bora. Bora was smoking. Just please don't tell Siyeon."