17

Yoohyeon's POV

I woke up with a terrible headache. It seems like I couldn't leave my thoughts behind even during the night. Today is Tuesday, which means I have a class with her.

Then my phone vibrated. Holding my breath, I opened the message:

"Hello crybaby. Hope you're in a better mood today?"

It was Kai. Unfortunately, it was only Kai. And how I wished it was someone else. I went to wash up and get ready; otherwise, I'll be late for her lecture. But today, I didn't want that at all.

I arrived at the university a little earlier than the scheduled time. With my grade book in hand, I made my way to the right classroom. However, it was much harder to open the door and enter than I anticipated. What if she's already there? How should I act? I can't handle it. Just as I was lost in my thoughts, the bell rang, bringing me back to reality. I opened the door and walked in. She wasn't there yet. I felt a mixture of relief and heightened nervousness as I took my seat. The other students chatted and discussed something. Some of them still recalled yesterday's incident with Miss Handong. Meanwhile, I sat there, waiting.

From the corridor, I heard the familiar sound of heels. Instantly, everyone fell silent. Miss Minji entered the classroom with a confident stride. She placed her bag on the table and gestured for us to take our seats. She didn't look at me. In contrast, I couldn't take my eyes off her, as if afraid I wouldn't have another chance. She looked stunning as always, wearing a classic navy suit with well-fitted skinny pants and a light-colored blouse. While she read the attendance list, I was afraid to look away from her. When her gaze reached my name, her voice wavered, causing a mental sigh of impossibility and helplessness within me. She raised her eyes to meet mine, as if checking if everything was alright, but quickly shifted her gaze back to the list.

Throughout the lecture, I sat there, hardly writing anything in my notebook. Minji occasionally glanced in my direction, her disappointment evident. I understood that she didn't like me wasting my time by not taking notes and barely listening.

Then my phone made a noise that couldn't go unnoticed.

"Kim Yoohyeon, it's your right not to take notes after me, but I won't allow you to be distracted by your phone!" Minji shouted, unable to bear it, though she quickly corrected herself, apologizing as she said, "Oh, excuse me, Miss Minji."

I discreetly opened the message, more out of concern than curiosity. It was Kai. To be honest, he was too persistent, even infuriating!

"Isn't that Yoohyeon? Or do I have the wrong number?"

I quickly typed a response:

"Yes, it's me. But I'm not a crybaby! Sorry, I'm in class. I don't have time."

The class was coming to an end when someone knocked on the door and entered. Initially, I didn't pay much attention to the newcomer until I heard my name being mentioned.

"Can I have Yoohyeon for a couple of minutes?" The guy asked a little unceremoniously, hiding flowers behind his back.

The group immediately began to whisper, mostly among the girls. Minji appeared embarrassed for a moment, glancing at Kai and then at me. But in an instant, all traces of her confusion disappeared. Her expression turned serious as she said,

"Young man, don't you think that the lecture is not the time for all this?"

"Come on, you were young too!" the guy retorted cheekily.

Minji raised her left eyebrow, seemingly ready to respond with something impartial. However, she stopped herself and looked at me, as if silently conveying that I could leave if I wanted to.