Lost

A/N: @buntglasfenster - thank you for your beta-reading! <3

I'm so lost. My feet come to a halt automatically as I stare at the building in front of me. Buildings, to be exact. I haven't even set a foot in my new university, yet I'm already contemplating my life choices of moving to Seoul and transferring to Seoul University after two semesters in Busan.

I'm already feeling lost and I hate it.

I didn't feel like this when I got the acceptance letter from Seoul Uni, along with the A+ for my audition. My family got so tired of me ranting about choreos and dance lessons during the meal times that I think they actually might be happy that I moved out to follow my dream.

Following my dream. Ugh - cheesy. It was like a dream coming true for me, though: Seoul University stands in the reputation of having ridiculously high standard in dance training while at the same time offering a study course called Performance and Aesthetics. That's what I'm doing now. I went from solely dancing in Busan to applying for this. Not only because of the high level of professionalism but also because I don't want to focus on dance only. I've been down this road before - I don't wanna give my everything to dance again, like I did years ago. I need a lifeline too, in case just dancing doesn't work out.

So those five ugly buildings in front of me are my new lifeline.

Students flow past me, chattering, carrying black backpacks and beige briefcases, and I have to step out of their way so they don't bump into me. Most of them don't really look where they're going - they're more focused on their friends and conversations.

Yeah, friends...Wonder what it'd be like to go through the first day of university having friends? I'm feeling already exhausted. My social skills aren't exactly brilliant, but I need someone here - friends or a potential hookup, whatever crosses my way first.

In the crowd of students flowing towards the doors of ugly building no. 1, a girl smiles at me and makes her way over. She's really pretty with red-blondish hair flowing all the way down to her waist and smiling, dark brown eyes. What a shame I'm only into guys.

"Hey, are you a freshman? You look kinda lost." Her voice has this cheery undertone of someone who actually looks forward to the first day of the semester. Probably because she knows tons of people here and has a bunch of friends.

"I'm not, but I am lost."

"Ah, really?" She tilts her head curiously.

"I transferred... Uhm, where's room 514?"

"It's in the building behind this one." She gestures towards the huge hulk of cement in front of us. "We call this the hulk... for obvious reasons - but anyway, you just walk through the hulk. Take a left first, at the end of the corridor a right... when you exit the hulk you turn slightly right, but not all the way, otherwise you'd be walking to the building with the 400-rooms, the graveyard, as someone named it... So you take, like, a half right..."

I only notice that I've spaced out for at least half of her description when she turns back to me again. "So, you got it?"

"... Not really", I mumble, stifling a yawn. I'm not ready for this day, and even less so for the four courses I'll be facing within the coming eight or so hours.

The girl takes a look at her phone's screen. "Okay, classes are only starting in fifteen minutes. I can take you to yours if you like."

"That would be great." I guess the pure relief is written all over my face because she laughs out loud. "No problem. Come on."

We merge with the crowd of students all walking towards the double glass doors.

"I'm Juhee by the way", she says.

"Wooyoung." My smile feels rather forced now. Here we go, introduction and small talk. I'm good with neither.

"So..." Juhee holds the door open for me and I thank her with a short nod as we make our way inside. "What are you studying?"

"Performance and Aesthetics", I mutter. "What about you?"

"Oh, an artist." She grins. "I'm stuck with maths and economy."

I try not to make a face, but apparently fail because she nudges me with her elbow in the ribs. "Yah - I like it! It can actually be a lot of fun."

"Oh, really? Prove it."

"Hmm, okay... So, right now I'm researching with some of my artsy friends how popular cultural merchandise can be used in order to increase companies sales..." Juhee falls silent when her eyes land on the four people walking in front of us. Three guys, one girl.

I knew there were gonna be some hot guys here. I can't suppress a grin.

I also can't help myself: My gaze wanders down to the butt of the first guy. He's got a nice ass-

Then I notice that he's holding hands with the girl walking next to him. They're a couple.

And so are the other two guys. The short one has slung an arm around his tall boyfriend.

What a disappointment. I sigh.

"So, uhm, yeah, we're looking at the Seoul performance festival Festival of Lights - I'm sure you've heard of it before - and we're trying to develop a more general matrix based on our analysis of..." Juhee clears her throat and tears her gaze away from the hetero couple to look at me. "Nevermind. I guess it sounds pretty boring if you're not actually into the topic."

"No! It sounds cool. Surprisingly."

She laughs a somehow exaggerated laugh. "See? I told you so."

I decide to not ask her about her relation to the girl and her boyfriend with the cute butt.

A/N: So that's chapter number one - meet (kind of) fuckboy Wooyoung, an OC of mine, aand... three guys and one girl, whoever they are. Anyone wanna take a guess?

If you've enjoyed the chapter, it'd be awesome if you'd consider giving it a vote⭐ or leaving a comment, because getting feedback is always such a boost for... well, for almost every author with published stories, I think? Anyway - gaining new readers is always such a huge compliment in itself, so thank you! for stopping by and giving Trust a chance :3
I hope you have a great day or night and that I'll see you in the future chapters of Trust! Ly🧡