Tik Tok, on the Clock-

It's half past eleven in the morning and I'm about to eat breakfast

It's half past eleven in the morning and I'm about to eat breakfast. Guess that's what happens when you move out and there's no one to wake you up at eight in the morning for family breakfast. No one. It's eerily still in the whole house actually. I've expected to hear annoying birds, an ambulance's sirens, the people in the flat below me arguing... but nothing. Even the sun's already disappeared behind some clouds – and the less light comes through, the more my whole flat seems like a haunted house to me. With the exception that it's daytime.

To disturb the maddening silence, I turn the radio on for the first time since I've moved in here. I'm greeted with "Don't stop, make it pop, DJ, blow my speakers up-" Tik Tok. Seriously? What the heck happened to my radio that it's now playing US party hits from the... 2010s?!

But at least it lifts my mood a bit. There's only so long I can endure listening to US charts of 2010 though – a minute later I connect my phone to the speaker instead to play a bit of Highlight. Don't Close Your Eyes.

That's better.

In a considerably lighter mood, I reach for the milk pack in my fridge and poor it over my cereal- Oops.

I groan. "Who the fuck designed cream packs to look like fucking milk packs?!" Nobody answers me but that's fine.

It isn't. I hate living alone. It only took me a full week to realize that. And now I'm hoping, more desperately than ever, to still get a room in one of those students' flats. But nothing. No new e-mails yet, even after I've refreshed my mailbox twice. But there is a new text from Yeosang, finally, a reply to my text from yesterday in which I asked him if he wanted to hang out. He has texted me a thumbs-up emoji. I'm free at 12. Dancing?

Yep, I text back, studio at the uni?

Another thumbs-up emoji.

Ur texting like my grandfather.

Shut up. Bet ur grandpa is cooler than u

I chuckle. Then I put my contaminated cereal bowl in the fridge, tell myself, I'll eat it later, and dance into my bedroom, almost tripping over two moving boxes in the process.

The door slams shut when I'm in the middle of my choreo for Growl and I startle. Yeosang has arrived. Finally.

I walk over to the speakers to turn the music down. "Finally."

"Sorry I'm late..." Yeosang puts his sports bag down next to the door and begins with his warm-up.

"Don't worry about it." To avoid doing nothing and cooling down again, I join in on his exercise. For a few minutes, it's only our breathing and EXO's Growl in the background – I've put the song on replay. When Tao starts the song with "Yo, okay" for the fourth time though, I pause to select a different playlist.

I can see Yeosang's smile from the corner of my eye. Before, he even hummed along to the melody – a little bit off-tune, but still. "You seem awfully happy", I observe.

The smile on Yeosang's face grows even wider. "I only went swimming with San. Nothing special..."

But the look on his face tells me otherwise.

"Sure. Sounds cool." I feel a slight pang of jealousy. I wish I had a flatmate.

Especially one as cute as San.

"We do that every week", Yeosang tells me. "It's kind of... our thing." He blushes, and I stare at him, alarmed. Our thing. Holy shit. This would sound like really serious relationship-stuff if Yeosang wasn't with Hyejin.

No, scratch that: Even though I know he's dating Hyejin, it sounds like really serious relationship-stuff to me.

"Nice." I try to sound delighted. It's working.

Yeosang grins. Then he jumps up. "So! Anyway. Let's dance!"