Hurt and Get Hurt

It feels like no time has passed at all before Choreographies starts

It feels like no time has passed at all before Choreographies starts. Five minutes after Ms Kwan has walked into the studio, greeted us all and made us go over her gruesome choreo once again, I throw a glance toward the opal-glass-and-glass windows and can see a curious San standing there, watching us. Watching me – Yeosang – everyone.

I wonder if he ever came to see Yeosang dancing.

He probably did.

No reason to be jealous.

I really wish that I'd believe the things I tell myself.

Choreographies used to pass quickly – that is, before I was embarrassingly aware of my every move and of the attention that I'm getting. Last week, I didn't mind. This week, however, I can almost feel San's presence on the other side of the glass as well as numerous eyes on me. It's unnerving.

And it doesn't get any better when Ms Kwan tells us to team up with a partner to develop another choreo, just seconds after we've finished going through her whole, terrible choreography. I pull Yeosang by the sleeve just in time before Jimin skids to a halt in front of me.

"Hey. Who's your partner?" Jimin's eyes flicker from me to Yeosang and back.

"I'll be working on the choreo with Yeosang", I answer quickly, hoping that Yeosang won't mind.

Yeosang nods stoically. "That's right."

"Okay, sure." Jimin slowly turns to leave. "Nevermind..."

"Wait!" I call out for him. "The changing rooms? After class?"

From the smirk that plays around Jimin's lips, I can tell that he's now thinking of the one time where we sucked each other off in there. I'm kinda thinking about it too... Okay, no, stop it. Being horny for Jimin won't be of any use. It'll only give him more hope that there might be something serious between us, although there's no way it could ever be anything more than a hookup to me. Reluctantly, I add: "We need to talk."

"Okay." Jimin nods, the smirk on his face now replaced by an expression of worry.

Yeosang waits until Jimin has gone to a small group of people, perhaps his friends. Then he turns to me: "That's the guy you're hooking up with, right? You do realize that he seems like he's caught feelings for you?"

"Yeah, I know – but that's not my fault."

Yeosang narrows his eyes. "Bet it isn't. Listen – I don't care. Are you gonna break up with him after class?"

I snort. "Breaking up is for couples. For people who are actually dating. I never told him we were-"

"Listen, Wooyoung, I don't care what you told him. I don't care if that guy's feelings are at fault or whatever. But, just... don't blame him for his feelings. Let him down gently, will you?"

"You... Why are you taking his side?"

Yeosang sighs impatiently. Then he gulps. "Well, I guess I can understand him. To some extent."

"'To some extent'? What do you- Oh."

Yeosang got turned down by San. My plan is to tell Jimin that I want to stop hooking up. And if he ends up confessing to me or whatever, I'll also turn him down.

Yeosang sighs again and turns away, facing the glass windows behind which San is waiting. "Just... Tell me you won't strip him of his dignity, just because he managed to fall for you."

"Did San do it – you know, when you...?"

"What? No! He was actually..." Yeosang swallows. "He was really nice about it."

San stares back at us through the glass. Then he hesitantly lifts a hand and waves. I crack a smile at him.

Yeah. I could never really imagine San hurting anyone. He's way too kind for that. And that only makes me worry if he's gonna be one of those that get hurt in the end.

A/N: Early chapter because it's a short one and I'll be uploading the next one on Saturday or Sunday (: