Trust

"Hey Woo!", San greets me as soon as I've closed the door behind me

Woo. He's called me that quite often in the last few days. And I like it. A lot.

But I still try to act nonchalantly about it, like it's not big deal for me, as I make my way to our kitchen table to dump the groceries I've just bought. San is sitting on our sofa, surrounded by his laptop and a few notes, looking at me expectantly.

"Hey, Sannie." The nickname makes it past my lips before I can think about it.

A second later, I already wish I could take it back. I've never called San a nickname before – at least not one that I meant seriously. But San doesn't complain. Instead, he smiles at me – and the possible meaning of the fact that he calls his friends out on calling him Sannie, but apparently doesn't mind me doing it anymore has my heart skipping a beat.

"Did you get everything from the list?" San throws one of those peppermint drops in his mouth – he became weirdly addicted to them in the last few days.

"Yeah. Did you manage to finish your analysis of that Bollywood song?"

San coughs awkwardly and shuts his laptop before I can step around the table to get a look at the screen. "Not really. I did some, uh, research on it though... But I think I'll be done before Sunday."

"That sucks." He's been spending hours on his homework already.

Which is also the reason why I went grocery shopping on my own instead of us going together: contrary to San, I'm mostly finished with my stuff. Okay, and maybe I'm also really good at ignoring the pile of books and essays on my desk that I still need to read. But reading doesn't matter that much anyway.

The last important homework that I really need to do is to meet up with Yeosang in half an hour to develop a choreo about waves for our Choreographies class. I kinda regret partnering up with him for this damn mini-project now – but how could I have known that he'd be so furious with me because of the way I've ended things with Jimin?

"It's alright – I'll manage", San absentmindedly replies. "Although I do think I could use a break now. Let's sort through this grocery stuff and put it in the fridge or wherever."

"Sure." I throw him the new pack of peppermint drops I bought for him. "Here goes your addiction."

San rolls his eyes at that. "I'm not addicted." There's a playful smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "I just feel like I can concentrate better when I've got something to suck on."

For a moment, I freeze to stare at him. There's no way in hell he meant it like this. He is a fucking virgin, after all – he's fucking innocent. Isn't he?

He didn't word it like that on purpose, I try to convince myself, no way. He probably doesn't even know what he was implying... Though I still need to gulp and avert my gaze when San pops another one of those damn drops into his mouth.