Vanilla Pumpkin Latte

"I can't believe you spent money on me", I tease Jimin, pushing the vanilla pumpkin latte – it tastes better than it sounds like – back and forth between my hands

"I can't believe you spent money on me", I tease Jimin, pushing the vanilla pumpkin latte – it tastes better than it sounds like – back and forth between my hands. I also can't believe that we're somehow managing to not make things awkward, but that's probably more thanks to Jimin's urge to talk than anything else.

Jimin rolls his eyes, his lips lifting into half a grin. "It's not like I wanted to spend it on you – you just happened to walk in here at the right time. I can't believe that Yoongi decided to quit on sugar."

"Oh, really?"

Jimin lifts his shoulders for a shrug. "Apparently. I didn't ask him why. I went to the room where he always is for composing, and was like, 'Hey babe, I got you that drink that you liked so much on our first date', and he only was like, 'Morning. I'm not drinking sweet drinks anymore.'"

"Seriously?"

"Okay, he was a bit nicer about it." Jimin huffs. "Told me Thanks and gave me a kiss on the cheek."

"That's... cute?"

Jimin takes his time to look down on the table and play with the lid of his mug. "I guess so. But... wouldn't you think that he would've done something more than those damn kisses on the cheek all the time? What's the use of being boyfriends otherwise?"

I hesitate. "I don't think kissing and stuff is the main purpose of being in a relationship... at least not necessarily..." I have to think of Seonghwa and Hongjoong. I haven't seen them kissing once, and yet- never have I ever thought of questioning their relationship. Why would I? They seem happy together, having each other's back and being there for each other, supporting...

Just then it dawns on me what Jimin said. "Wait. You're... You guys are in a relationship now?"

"Yeah. He asked me after our second date – and obviously, I've told him Yes..." Jimin hesitates. "I just expected something different, I guess."

Oh.

"I mean..." Jimin sighs. "I don't know about kissing and stuff. Sure, if it doesn't happen on the first date, no biggie. But on the second one? And when he asked me to be his boyfriend? Nothing! There were moments I was so sure he'd just go for it – but then it was on the cheek, again. It's always on the cheek."

"Oh."

"I mean." Pinching the bridge of his nose, Jimin sighs once more. "I don't get it. Why did he ask me to be his boyfriend if he doesn't even want me? I feel that I like him way more than he likes me – which feels like crap. And it's not as if I can just talk to him in the same way I used to when we were only friends, because suddenly there are all those expectations and unspoken dating-stuff between us - it's so weird, and I honestly don't know how to deal with it – because I can't walk straight up to him and ask 'Hey, why didn't you kiss me yet?', can I?" He snorts.

"I, uh..." Fuck, I think I might be even worse at giving advice than my brother. "I think you should actually ask him about it? But, uh... I don't know?"

"Thanks for the help", Jimin answers dryly. "You almost sound like Tae. I bet it's going better with you and San anyways."

"We didn't really talk a lot in the past two weeks", I answer truthfully – although the memory of the 'Fighting' San wrote me on a yellow note yesterday makes me smile a bit. It's the first little thing he's done for me in those two weeks – the first sign he might give me another chance.

And I hope he already found the coffee and note that I left him.

"You guys just don't talk? Or no interaction in general?"

"Not much interaction at all." An involuntary sigh leaves my mouth. "Although I kinda wish I could-"

"Jimin?", someone from behind me calls. And as I look over my shoulder, I can see the last person I'd want to meet while sitting together with Jimin and drinking Yoongi's vanilla pumpkin latte.

Yoongi is making his way over to us.

"Yoongi", Jimin smiles at him, eyes twinkling as though Yoongi's mere presence has made his worries disappear when he stops short next to him.

Yoongi only spares me a short glare before he leans down to bring his mouth level with Jimin's ear and starts talking in a hushed voice. I can't understand a thing of what he says, or of the reply Jimin gives as he brings his lips unnecessarily close to his boyfriend's ear – but I'm rather glad I don't. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to hear it anyway.

Then Jimin finally speaks up loudly again: "I've just been hanging out a bit with Wooyoung."

I try my best to look relaxed when Yoongi turns to muster me, frowning. "Yeah... We're friends now, so-"

"Friends my ass", Yoongi interrupts me, his voice dripping with cynicism. His gaze shifts back to Jimin as his brows knit together in a look of uncertainty. "Friends don't see each other naked", he adds more quietly, apparently only for Jimin to hear.

Jimin cocks an eyebrow but lowers his voice too: "I've been skinnydipping in the lake with Tae last weekend."

Yoongi starts fiddling with the zipper of his jacket. "You know that's not what I mean", he states, barely audible now.

This is becoming uncomfortable way too fast for me. "Sorry, but I think I need to go now", I excuse myself, taking the latte together with my bag from under the table. "I have to train for the Festival of Lights. I wanted to start practicing half an hour ago."

"You too?" Jimin gasps. "Good luck for the auditions!"

"You too- Shouldn't you be concerned that we might take your spot?"

"Nah." Grinning, Jimin shakes his head. "This is our third year performing there." He nudges Yoongi's side, smiling playfully up at him before he turns to me again: "We've become regulars by now. I'd be rather surprised if the jury wouldn't admit us."

"Oh." I wish I had the same confidence to pass the auditions. I don't doubt my dancing abilities - but the thought of having to record my lines for the five songs we're gonna perform already stresses me out.

"Yeah, well, whatever. Bye." Yoongi waves at me sarcastically. His cold behavior is starting to piss me off – I didn't seduce Jimin into cheating on him, for fuck's sake - so I quickly step by Jimin's other side and mumble a low "Just fucking ask him about kissing" into his ear.

Jimin smiles brightly at me as I retreat - whereas Yoongi's glare is starting to look more and more like pure hatred.

A/N: So, here's Yoongi being jealous aka hostile - he's just super insecure at the moment. To be honest though: who wouldn't be insecure if they were in his position?
Also: what are you thinking about Wooyoung now?
Aand lastly, my updating schedule: I'm gonna start updating every Saturday, starting Saturday next week (:
Happy Halloween, everyone! Ly, and see you next Saturday!🎃🧡