Just Pizza

The door bell rings three times, making San groan and almost deliberately bang his head on the surface of his desk

The door bell rings three times, making San groan and almost deliberately bang his head on the surface of his desk. He just can't concentrate on any of his homework, and it's certainly not getting better. Hoping that Yeosang will get the door so he can continue to study, San stays in his room.

It seems to work - a few seconds later, there are footsteps hurrying past San's door. Then their front door opens.

"What in the hell made you ring like a maniac at our door?", Yeosang asks. It has to be one of his friends who rang the bell, otherwise he'd surely make a considerable effort to sound polite.

"Didn't you read my text?" It sounds slightly reproachful – and San recognizes the straightforward voice as Wooyoung's. San straightens up a bit on his chair, listening more intently now, fighting the urge to press the ear to his door. He doesn't really need to do that, the walls are thin enough-

San gets up to press an ear at the door. He just can't fight his urge to eavesdrop on anything that might be just remotely interesting.

"I didn't, I was busy studying", Yeosang replies. San can hear him a bit clearer and louder now. "You look like shit by the way. Did you just get out of bed?"

"Um, kinda." Wooyoung chuckles. "Not my own though."

"Do I want to know...?"

"Probably not." San can hear Wooyoung stepping inside. The door closes behind him.

"Okay. So, what about your text?", Yeosang inquires.

"I, um..." Their voices grow quieter, so they are probably walking towards Yeosang's room. Chairs scrape over the floor.- Well, or they just take the kitchen.

"I'm moving in here", Wooyoung bursts out – and San flinches so hard he almost knocks his head against the door frame. Without really knowing what he's doing, he pushes down his door handle and steps out of his room. He needs a confirmation for what he's just heard.

"You what?", Yeosang asks disbelievingly at the same time that San walks into the kitchen. "Hi guys." He puts on a cheerful tone, pretending he didn't hear anything. Nobody would ever suspect him on eavesdropping, he reckons – he's become very convincing at playing clueless. He wants Yeosang and Wooyoung to tell him the news voluntarily – and he wonders if they will.

"Hey San", they both reply simultaneously.

San walks to the fridge slowly, like his grumbling stomach was the only reason he came out of his room at all. Wooyoung's gonna be my new flatmate? He catches Wooyoung looking nervously back and forth between him and Yeosang.

As San busies himself with organizing his food in the fridge and contemplating on what to eat for dinner, the silence in the kitchen stretches.

"I'm, um", Wooyoung clears his throat, "I'm moving in here in one and a half months."