The Journey Begins

We exit the house and I begin to walk and the twins follow behind me with their two starters. The boy, Nate, catches up to me.

"Where are we going?" he asks.

"The gym to get my Pokémon back." He looks at me questionably. "Cheren is one of my best friends." He nods in understanding and walks back to his twin. We quietly continue along until we reach the gym. "You can come with or stay out here. It doesn't matter to me. I'll be right back either way."

"I'll go ahead," they say in unison and we all walk into the gym.

Once inside, the blonde girl from before walks up to me with an apologetic look. I look at her with a disdainful face like she's a lower life form, which is true compared to me. She bows repeatedly. "I'm sorry for the way I acted. It was totally uncalled for and I shouldn't have done it. I truly apologize."

"I'm glad you found the fault in your actions, make sure it does not happen again to me or anyone else. You understand?"

"Yes, ma'am," she says and bows.

I continue past her, ignoring the confused states of the twins, and walk into the gym.

"Cheren! Lucario! I have returned!" I call into the gym once I arrive.

"Talk about a quick change in attitude," Nate mutters behind me.

"Ha! I win!" Lucario calls out.

"Darn! How do you do that?! This is the third time!" Cheren fusses.

I walk up to the two of them sitting on the floor and lean on Cheren's shoulders peering over them. "Whatcha doing?"

"Playing Candyland," Cheren replies.

"Without me!? You guys are evil!" I exclaim. "I can't believe you would play without me! I love that game!"

"You left," Lucario points out.

I lift myself off Cheren and scoff. "Meanies! Anyway, I've come to get you, Lucario, and leave."

"Why? Have you already visited Rosa?" Lucario asks.

I point behind me. "Yep," I say popping the 'p' with a smirk.

Lucario looks, then looks back at me. "Who's the boy?"

"Well, it turns out she's a twin too! Can you believe that? Anyway, that's her twin, Nate," I announce.

"Huh, who knew?" Lucario says with a slight chuckle and stands up himself. "I guess we should get going?"

"Yeah," I say and turn to the now standing up Cheren.

"Leaving so soon?" Cheren says.

"Yeah."

"You gotta find your N?" he taunts.

My face heats up. "Don't make fun of me!"

"I'm clearly stating the facts."

"You're annoying, but I can't help but love you!" I say enveloping him up in a hug. I can feel him tense underneath me and he cautiously wraps his arms around my back. I squeeze harder and peck him on the cheek then let go and study his red face. Even the tips of his ears are red. "Payback..." I whisper enough for him to hear and he pouts, face still red. "Thanks for everything and I'll see you again soon! Tell Bianca I love her from me and you!"

"Y-yeah, I-I'll do just t-that."

With that we leave the gym and continue on our journey to Dragonspiral Tower.

...

"So I guess we'll fly to Icirrus City and walk up to Dragonspiral Tower?" I say, laying out the plans.