The Return to the Plasma Castle

The hour passes by quickly and we return to my house, shower, get dressed, change out my team of Pokémon, then leave to the underground castle.

We land in front of the cave that'll take us straight to the old castle, return our dragons, and enter. We walk to the ramp that leads down to the castle.

"I don't trust this ramp," I admit, placing my foot on it and see if it wiggles.

"It's safe. I promise," N says, taking my hand and pulling me out on to it. "See? Perfectly fine."

I look around the cave and the shape the castle is in. "This is gonna take a lot of work to fix."

"Just wait till we get inside," N comments.

"Is it bad?" I ask.

"It's not good."

We enter and debris is everywhere. Pillars lie in the way blocking paths and rooms. The floors have cracks as well as the walls and ceilings.

"Whoa... This place is a disaster..." I comment. "It may be better to just rebuild the whole thing than try to repair it."

"Perhaps, but this place is the real thing with all the memories of that fatal day when we clashed."

"The day you left..."

He sighs. "...Yeah, it is..."

We maneuver around the debris to reach the area where we fought. Truth vs Ideals. The waterfalls are gone too. On the way there, I stop in front of N's old room where he grew up. It didn't look like it took any damage from the outside. N realizes I've stopped and turns around to find me staring at the door.

"Oh, N..." I whisper, remembering the first time I saw that room.

"White?" N calls out and walks up next to me to stare at it too.

"I remember when I went in there all those years ago..."

"Yeah?"

"You wanna know what I thought once I saw it?"

"Shoot."

"I felt my heart strings get pulled. I was devastated. The room just felt... lonely. At that moment, I gave my heart to you and wanted to find you just so I could hug you. I wanted to tell you it was okay and I was there, but I couldn't because I needed to defeat you."

"White..."

I hug him before he says anything else. "I can give you that hug now." He returns the hug and we remain quiet for a long while before we release. "Let's go in, together."

He nods as we take hands and enter his room. The inside looks exactly the same as last time, except things are knocked over and it's dark.

"This place... was my entire world... As you know, when I was little, I was abandoned deep in the woods. The ones who took me in and raised me were the Pokémon who lived there. Then, one day, a man appeared before me, claiming to be my father. That... was Ghetsis. The things he gave me were... the name 'Harmonia'... the knowledge a King would need... Pokémon with their hearts shut so tightly I couldn't even talk to them... and this room... This is where I always was and wasn't really ever allowed out."