Family Reunion

We land on the small bridge that's in Driftveil City and recall our dragon Pokémon.

"Why are we here?" N asks.

"I want you to meet somebody," I reply and begin making my way to the house on the hill.

"Who is this somebody?" he asks.

"Didn't I say it was a surprise?"

"...Yes..." he mopes like a little boy.

I laugh. "You'll really enjoy this surprise. When I was traveling around, I found them and all they think about, is you."

"Do I know them?"

"Maybe, maybe not," I taunt. "Don't wanna ruin the surprise."

"Ughhh," N complains.

"Oh, don't be like that, Natty! You'll know soon enough."

"Fine!"

We continue making our way up to the house and when we do I stop before I open the door.

"You ready?" I ask.

"For what?"

"To cry," I say.

"Why would I do that?"

I open the door and we enter. All heads turn towards us.

"N!" they all shout except one boy with navy, blue hair like a Qwilfish and piercing red eyes. Everyone makes their way up to N and I casually move out of the way over by the boy. I watch N's expression change from surprise to tears as he hugs them all back.

"Rood, Anthea, Concordia..." N says, tears brimming his eyes and running down his face.

The Qwilfish boy looks at me, up and down, then jumps back.

"You're the Champion!" he yells.

"And you're a boy with Qwilfish hair," Lucario says.

"Hey!" the boy fusses. "My name is Hugh!"

"Nice to meet you, Hugh," I say.

"Could we battle?" Hugh asks.

I look at him up and down. "Let me see one of your Pokémon."

"Okay!" he says and tosses out a pokeball. "He's my strongest."

I look at his Emboar. "Hmm... Are the rest of your Pokémon around the same strength?"

"Yes," he replies nervously.

"You want a full out 6 on 6 battle?"

"Even though that would be great you can decide how many," Hugh says. "I don't think I'll win but really it's just for the experience."

I look at Lucario. "What do you think?"

"He seems to be strong. It might be a challenge like when we battled Rosa," Lucario replies.

"Wait, you know Rosa?" Hugh asks.

"Yeah, she challenged me at the league. She almost beat me, but I still had 3 remaining Pokémon."

"We started our journey together!" Hugh exclaims.

"Oh! I remember Bianca talked about you! You, Rosa, and Nate all began together."

"That's right."

"Then I'll be happy to battle a friend of the twins." Even though I don't have the proper Pokémon that I usually use at the league.

"Really!? Awesome!"

"Come on, let's go then," I say, glancing at N. He'll be busy for a while. We exit the building and take our places along the path to the house.