Family Dinner

We make our way to the diner.

"How many?"

"5 with more than 20 Pokémon," I say.

"Wow, right this way," the lady says and leads us into a large corner with enough room for everyone. We all take our seats. "You're waiter will arrive shortly."

"Thank you," I say and she walks off. "Get whatever you want, I'm paying."

"Yay!" the kids cheer.

"Alright, then let's let out our Pokémon," I say.

"All right!" they cheer once again.

I, of course, toss out Victini, Braviary, Zoroark, and Serperior.

N tosses out a female Ninetales, Arcanine, Rapidash, Shiftry, and a female Leafeon. The others were all boys.

Violet lets out her female Servine, Riolu, the female Purrloin I caught her, a Pidove, and a female Flaaffy.

Roger has his Dewott, Pidove, Herdier, and Growlithe. All male.

Jason has his Pignite, Pidove, Psyduck, and a female Eevee.

"You guys have been busy," I say.

"Alright, listen up!" Violet says, grabbing the Pokémon's attention. "I want to introduce you all to two very special people."

"These two," Jason points.

"Are our parents," they all say together.

N's Pokémon, besides Zoroark, look at him in shock.

The kids' Pokémon look at us with happiness and greet us by jumping on us. Their starters look confused.

"We aren't their biological parents just their adopted parents," N says and all the confusion from the Pokémon walked out the door.

"Doesn't matter if they're not our real parents we see them as if they were," Violet says.

I smile. She may be an 8-year-old but it's as if she's way older.

The waiter comes to the table and we order.

...(Use your imaginations for what they eat. They don't eat Pokemon though so don't worry.)

After dinner, we get in line for a Casteliacone.

"I remember when you could only get these on Tuesdays two years ago. It doesn't seem to be booming anymore," I say.

"You sound old," Lucario says.

"Oh, hush!" I fuss.

The children laugh at our bickering and we make our way to the counter.

"1 Casteliacone for me please!" Violet says.

"7 Casteliacones please," I say and pull out my wallet.

"Let me," N says.

"Natty, please, I got this. I have all the money in the region."

"You paid for dinner. I can at least get this," he says and gives the lady his money.

I click my tongue in annoyance. "Fine."

"Good," N says happily.

The kids each grab their own and I hand one to Lucario. N hands one to Zoroark. We each grab one for ourselves and begin eating our dessert.

"So, are you guys going to challenge Burgh's gym next?" I ask.

"I'm all ready!" Jason says, excitedly.