A Week Later

"Looks like you're making progress!" I say, walking into the gym.

It's been 6 days and the gym is getting the finishing touches on it. The event that was happening in town ended 2 days ago, so everything calmed down at the Pokémon Center and us 4 remained; Nurse Joy, Nate, Rosa, and I. Tonight, we are traveling to Icurris City before sundown.

"It should be done by tomorrow," Roxie says proudly.

"I told you it was possible," I say. "Now, I gotta go." I leave and return to the Pokémon Center as it is getting dark out.

"Do you think she'll make it?" Lucario asks from beside me.

"I don't know, we aren't going to check tomorrow. Instead, we will be leaving to Icurris City tonight before sundown."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I figure it will be done. Roxie's attitude has changed dramatically in a good way. I don't think she'll have a problem with me again. We will see her gym again once I have to make my rounds."

"Yeah, and when will that be?"

"Probably not for a long time," I reply honestly.

Lucario shakes his head. "Unbelievable..."

"What?"

"You are just so... lazy."

"Depends on what the situation is."

"Lazy," Lucario repeats.

"Then you do it."

"It's not my job."

"I could make it your job."

He pouts and folds his arms over his chest. "How would that even work?"

"I don't know, we could figure it out though."

"I rather you not..."

I laugh. "I'm teasing! Now, come on, we need to get to Icurris City before sundown!"

"Urghh..."

We rush back to the Pokémon Center to collect Nate and Rosa.

...

"Everyone ready to go?" I ask, arriving into our room. After the convention ended, Nurse Joy asked us if we wanted to get our own rooms, but we voted against it, saying it would be easier as is.

Rosa stuffed away the last of her belongings and pulls out Unfezant's pokeball. "All ready!"

Nate slings his backpack over his shoulder. "Same."

"Then let's get outta here!" I announce and we leave the room.

...

On our way out, we say our goodbyes to Nurse Joy.

"Now, don't be getting into trouble, we wouldn't want anyone to get hurt," Nurse Joy says with a smile.

"Don't worry, I'll be watching them," I respond.

She smiles, and we all wave each other off and head out the door.

...

"Unfezant, come on out!" Rosa calls, throwing out her pokeball.

"Unfezz!"

"Alright, Braviary, you too!" I release him and he shouts out his name. "You ready to travel to Icurris?"

"Brav!" he confirms with a nod.

Rosa gets on her Unfezant, I return Lucario to his pokeball, then hop onto Braviary.

"Come on, Nate!" I call out. Once again, he cautiously gets on behind. "Oh, not this again!" I grab his arm and force him up properly. "That's better. Now, Braviary, to the skies!"

"Ahhh!" Nate screams and grips to my back like a leech.

I laugh. "You are ridiculous!"

"I'm just not used to it yet..."

"Well, you better begin!" I say with a hearty laugh. "We're gonna begin our training, so hold on tight! It's gonna be bumpy!"

Braviary escalates and Nate grips even tighter. "Eeepp!"

"I think if you squeeze me any tighter you're gonna kill me!"

"Oops, sorry!" he says, releasing his grip some.

"Don't let your grip go, stupid! Are you trying to kill yourself?"

...

30 minutes later, we arrive in Icurris City right as the sun sets. I release Lucario, Rosa returns Ufezant, and then we make our way to the Pokémon Center to check in, again sharing a room.

"One room for 3," I tell Nurse Joy.

She looks up from the counter and her eyes grow wide. "Certainly, Champion White." She types into the computer and out pops 3 cards to a room and hands one to each of us. "Your room number is 2, first room on the left, across from room 1."

"Thank you."

Braviary, being on my shoulders, hops off, since the hallway ceilings were so low they wouldn't let him be able to remain on my shoulders, and decides to walk behind me. After him is Lucario, then Nate, and finally Rosa.

We reach our room and across the hall is a tray with a plate with a few scraps of food and a bowl that I guess was once filled with Pokémon food. We open up the door and our eyes widen at the size of the room. It's as if it's a giant living room with beds, and it has two couches, and a large television. Along with a large closet and a large bathroom. I mean this is a more extravagant Pokémon Center.

"This room is huge!" Nate exclaims looking all around the room. "Way different compared to those cramped hallways."

"This room is big enough for us to release all of our Pokémon," Rosa says with disbelief.

They turn to look at me. "Can we?" they plead.

"I don't mind," I say with a shrug of my shoulders. "Why not?"

"Yay!" they cheer with high fives. They grab each of their 6 pokeballs and throw them out into the room. "Alright, everybody come on out!"

The Pokémon released from Rosa are Serperior, Unfezant, Carracosta, Volcarona, Haxorus, and Emolga.

The Pokémon released from Nate are Samurott, Stoutland, Zebstrika, Reuniclus, Beartic, and Chandelure.

The twins both look towards me.

"What?"

"Aren't you gonna let your's out?" they ask.

I sigh and laugh. "Alright," I say and throw out 3 pokeballs. My Serperior, Victini, and Zoroark. "Happy?"

They look at Victini. "Who's that Pokémon?"

"Victini," Lucario says.

"Tini tini!" Victini says with a big smile and a peace sign.

"Aww, cute!" they say.

"Whoa! You have a shiny Zoroark!" Nate yells. "Whoa, she looks awesome!"

I laugh. "I think that's the exact same thing that your sister said when she saw her."

In the large room, it contains 2 sets of king size bunk beds and, again, like last time we have the same arrangements as last time, except this time with some differences.

Lucario is sharing a bed with Zoroark and Beartic. Snuggled with me are Serperior and Victini. Snuggled with Rosa are her Serperior, Emolga, and Volcarona. Snuggled with Nate are Samurott, Stoutland, and Chandelure. At the foot of my bed, perched on the rail, is Braviary, and Unfezant on Rosa's. On one of the couches in the room was Haxorus and Reuniclus. On the other were Carracosta and Zebstrika.

Everyone crawls under the covers and they say their goodnights to each other before going to sleep.