Chapter 5 | Rushed

"You're dead to me"

~•~

We awkwardly faced each other. I hid under my bag as he stare at me. We've been here for quite sometime now but the invisible wall between us is still here.

Bright ruffled his hair and finally looked away. He kept looking at me as if im a criminal.

The silence was broken when our food came. I thought that everything would go smoothly but I'm wrong. I couldn't have gone with him.

"Uhm I have a question." He shortly nodded busy eating. "How do you know me?"

Bright stopped and looked at me. Judging on his actions he seems hesitant. Is he hiding something from me.

"Because I know you." He sarcastically said. Seriously? Does he think it's a joke?

"Answer seriously" I said. He fixed his posture and set his eyes on me. "Are you sure?" I nodded in response. Let's just get this over with.

"I told my friend for your information since the day I got admitted to the hospital. Satisfied?" He answered. That's it?

"Yeah, But I have a few more questions" Bright rolled his eyes and signal his hand to continue.

"How did you find me?" He gave me a confuse look. "What? I didn't get that"

"I mean how did you find me back then at the countryside also at the University" I cleared my statement.

"Oh that. It's just a coincidence I didn't fell that well so I went out and saw you. The University thing is also a coincidence" He explained. Oh so all of this is a coincidence huh.

"I have a question for you too" He smirked. This is bad.

"Go ahead. I'm all ears" I nervously sip my drink. He leaned closer and whispered.

"Are you gay?"

I almost spit the drink that im drinking. How does he assumed that I'm gay!

"Hey! Assuming a person's gender is bad. Plus even if I'm gay then there is no problem with that" I answered and looked away.

"Then you are" Bright continued. I slapped his hand hard causing the people around us look. I immediately apologized.

"You Shut Up" I whispered while pinching his hands. He just laughed which made me even more mad..

"Alright. I'll stop" Bright said and took a sip of his drink.

"Then I'll continue asking more questions" I said and he signaled his hand to continue.

"What and why do you want me to take responsibility?" He looked at me coldly, Leaned his back and crossed his arms.

"Hey Bright!" He was about to speak when someone got our attention. I looked at my side only to see a man with a mustache.

"Mike what are you doing here?" Bright asked and lend his hand for a handshake.

"Just hungry, I'm also with Gunsmile and Guy" The man that Bright called Mike replied and glance at me. His gaze turned into a teasing one.

"Ohh~ I didn't know that you have a date~" Mike said and poked Bright's side. "Hello! I'm Mike and you are?" He introduced himself and lend his hand.

"Win Metawin" I accepted his hand and smiled. I saw how his expression changed quickly.

"Win? As in Metawin?" He asked and looked at Bright who has a bored expression, he then looked at me with a amusing smile.

What's there to be amused about? Does he know me? Dozen of questions are piling up and none of them are answered.

"Just go Mike, I thought your with the others" The other said and lightly pushed the uninvited guest, He then turned to look at me and tilted his head towards the door.

He's asking me if I want to leave. I nodded and picked up my things. I bid goodbye to Mike and go.

"Hey! Hey! Where are you both going?" A deep voice was heard. Bright pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed "Here we go again"

"Bright, Why are you-- Oh who's he?" Another man questioned and rubbed his chin.

"Hello, I'm Win" I again introduced myself.

Oh please make this stop.

"Win?" The one who called Bright said."Wait so this chick is Win?"

What the-Why are they calling me a chick? The thought of that disgust me.

"Uhm do I know you?"

"We are busy. Let us go" Bright interrupted. He held my hand and we both walked away from those two.

Everything and everyone that knows this man is suspicious. All of them know something that I don't especially Bright.

I poked his shoulder to attract his attention, He looked at me with tired eyes he then raised his eyebrows as if his asking me on what i want.

"You didn't answer my question earlier" I hold to the bag strap tightly while waiting for his answer. He ruffled his hair and sighed.

I knew it! There's something wrong

"I don't know how to start but since you're a hard headed person" He slid his hands to his pockets and continued. "Do you know the story about The General and his Bride?"

The General and his Bride? I heard that story from my mother before but I didn't pay much attention to it since its just a story famous of its melodramatic plot.

I nodded just to get it done fast. He walked closer and again asked "Then do you know what happened in the ending?"

What kind of joke is this? How does it relate to it.

"The bride dies and the general didn't love her" He chuckled at my response.

"Correction, It's him not her. The bride is a boy. Another correction, The General loved him" Bright explained. I scoffed then what? As if I know that.

"So? What does the story related to my question?!" I yelled out of frustration. His just kidding with me.

"I have the answers for your question Win but before I tell you. You need to understand it first" Bright said calmly and left. All of this doesn't make sense!

"Hey! If you want to go home then fasten up!" He shouted and slid into his car.

"Damn it!" I yelled and speed walked.

~•~

EDIT: I'm sorry everyone but I decided to have a 1 week break of writing. My responsibilities at school has been piling up so I need to focus on that. I will be back hopefully publishing 1 or 2 chapters. Again, I'm very sorry.